Banbury in N scale

roundhouse

Oh yes it's quite different and sad in many ways with carriage sidings gone along with the boxes but at least the mpd is now back in use in a different way.

Nice photos of the freight.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Oh yes it's quite different and sad in many ways

Much nicer when it looked like this, much more atmos !

unnamed.jpg.ff85b04b90b501344c6d0b607dd0006b.jpg

Nevertheless you have given me some happy memories from the days I spent gricing there !

G

• Like 2

On 31/05/2021 at 16:34, bgman said:

Much nicer when it looked like this, much more atmos !

unnamed.jpg.ff85b04b90b501344c6d0b607dd0006b.jpg

Nevertheless you have given me some happy memories from the days I spent gricing there !

G

Believe that station was not on the same position as the current station 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, LongRail said:

Believe that station was not on the same position as the current station 

As near as damn in the same position.

When I lived and worked in Banbury one of my ex colleagues was drafted in from Wales to act as a consultant on the modernisation and told me about the new build so I am fairly well informed.

Edited by bgman
  • Agree 1

• 5 months later...

As its been some months since I last posted on here I thought that it was time for an update.

A few weeks ago we had a very very heavy and prolonged downpour. I dont recall anything quite like it in the  26 + years that we have lived here. My other half happened to go into the garage and could hear water dripping so I soon investigated. Water was coming from the pitched tiled roof through the felt and plasterboard and onto some of the layouts below. A quick shuffle of various unboxed and boxed up boards and water was getting onto one board of Banbury. Luckily the water was dripping onto the fiddleyard end rather than the scenery. The board was moved into the living room where it sat to dry out for a few days. It all dried out fine with no damage to the scenic side or the chipboard in the fiddleyard. I do need to test a stationary decoder mounted in the fiddleyard as it might have had some water ingress but I am fairly certain that it is Ok. Two of the other layouts also got a bit of water on them but they also appear to be fine. The roof has been inspected and the only thing that comes to mind is that the moss growing on the tiles caused the rainwater to pool behind it and back up under the tiles and all flashing is fine and gutters / downpipes were clear of any build up. The moss has since been cleared so fingers crossed that I have cured the problem but the layouts have been covered with polythene just incase.

So the layout survives for future shows. However, all but one that it was booked to attend since the pandemic have been cancelled with possibly one for next year although after talking with the exhibition manager, he may not require it for 2022.

At least the layout will be set up in the spring on the shed patio once the weather improves for our regular operating crew to have a play and let the rolling stock have a run although it was all serviced earlier in the year.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4