Westburnham - 1970s-80s / 1930s-40s

tractionman

Nice big space there Keith 

I’m glad you mentioned recycled doors.

i was wondering what the rest of the house hold would of said when they got home today from  buying toilet roll and hand  sanitizer  ( apparently that’s what everyones been doing today) to find they were missing from downstairs.

Not me I’ve been playing trains.

any particular era.... Dcc ? 

Dan

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Dan, yes it's a good long run, it'll be 00 analogue and probably a three or four track mainline on one side and on the other a station and mpd, possibly compartmentalised to allow me to use a range of rolling stock, spanning my rather eclectic railway interests from 1930s Big Four through to '70s BR.

Fortunately I have replaced the doors throughout the house so the old ones were going spare, rescued from being dumped by our builders!!

All the best,

Keith

Edited by tractionman
Clarity
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

gosh, more than two and a half years have passed since I last said something was about to happen on the new layout!

what on earth have I been doing?

well, for too long dithering about the track plan, and buying (too much) stuff--a decision though has now been made: to fix up the BR 1960s-80s side of the layout (ie transition-livery diesels and BR Blue eras) using the various kits I had built for the depot area, and a few ready to plonk items I have stock-piled...

so this could be it, I have seen the future, here's a taster (in arty B&W):

IMG_20221024_140911801_HDR_2.jpg.6e3ce240ac35245a81c189e87d266d68.jpg

cheers,

Keith

• Like 5