EBMRS Biggleswade show 11th Feb 2012

chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

11th February is the date for this years East Beds Model Railway Exhibition, it's a good show run by a friendly club, I shall be on the door as usual wrestling the good value entry fee from you.

See you there.

Details are below or can be found on their website http://www.ebmrs.org.uk/index.htm

Date 11th February 2012

Opening 10:30am -5. 00pm

Admission

Adults: £4 Children: £2 Seniors £3 Family(2+2): £10

Layouts

Abbey Road (00) Current day London Underground layout

Wellbridge (00) Fictitious Southern BR in late 1950s/60s

Two Sister's Farm (1/32 NG) Fictitious 1950s 2ft narrow gauge agricultural estate railway

Hospital Gates (7mm) Layout set in 1944/45 based on Whittingham Hospital Railway

Bedlam Heath (00) SR in 1980 based on Lenham in Kent

Trevanna Dries (EM) Small china clay works on line from Par to Newquay in Sept 85

Koln USW (HO) A scene from the Köln-Bonn hinterland in Germany

Oulton Broad North (N) Actual location modelled in 1955/60 period

Symonds Green Brewery (009) 1950s fictitious brewery set in North Yorkshire

Nunstanton (S) GER in NW Norfolk at end of 19th Century

Rixworth Green (EM) 1920s SR layout with strong LB&SCR influence

Oberau (N) Mixed Analogue/DCC based in Allgau area of Germany

Cheriton Bishop (00) Fictitious SR/GWR branch line close to Exeter

Gneiss Farm (Gn15) A remote rural Somerset farm, big scale / minimum space layout

Tank House Sidings (00) Midlands gasworks diorama - complete with sound

Ffodos Treacle Works (7mm) Narrow gauge connection to a treacle mine -

Traders and Societies

Ian Shave

Geoff Gamble Books

Model Roads & Tramways

Sandy Transport Society

H & A Models

Rural Railways

Leighton Buzzard Railway Society

Friends of National Railway Museum

Beds & Bucks NG Modellers

Modellers Mate

Nine Elms Models

Coastal DCC

Fawn Electronics

Stratton Upper School

Eagle Farm Road

Biggleswade

SG18 8JB

Facilities

:

Light refreshments are available all day

Access: Disabled:

All Layouts in the Main Hall and Trade Stands accessible to wheelchairs.

No access to those layouts on the stage.

Parking:

Ample parking on site for cars

On Foot:

15 minutes from Biggleswade Railway Station

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Yes Alan, numbers where slightly down on previous years but that was mainly due to the temps for the day, -10 at 8am warming to -4 during the day. What we missed was the rush at the beginning but we had a good steady flow during the day with a lot of families through the door.

We try and carry out a bit of feedback on the door with those coming and going, a fair few had come to see your Hospital Gates and did not leave disapointed ( have to say I think it's a cracker).

The list of layouts is at the top of this post and the comments we had were favourable for all, with many different ones being picked as fav. The one layout that edged ahead was Wellbridge, not because of it being a roundy roundy but because of its scenic detail, very popular with the mums who I think are looking more at creativity than operation.

Thanks to all those that came along and enjoyed the day, and the date is set for next year already, 16th february 2013.

See you there.

This is usually an enjoyable show and this year's was no exception. AS others have said, it is always a pleasure to see Fellbridge where the natural and convincing grouping of the buildings is something not found as widely as it might be. King of "stand and deliver" this time was Bruce Smetham of Geoff Gamble Books who managed to produce one tome that I had always wanted but never seen. With that and a couple of impulse purchases I am glad that I stopped off at the cash point on the way ot the bus station!

Chris

Archived