Welsh exhibitions

Piemanlarger

Pontypridd show April 21st 2018 , we shall be in attendance with our layout Crossley scrapyard

attachicon.gifIMG_20180330_172246.jpg

I didn't get a chance to have a good look at Cardiff Baz, so look forward to having a bit of time away from the door to have a mooch around on the 21st. !4 layouts now for £3 entry, plus traders and demos seems good value.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It’s the Newport O gauge show on Saturday 14th April at the Lysaught institute.

Don't tell the Memsahibs but the RHS show is on in Cardiff 13th/14th/15th April.....

Rob.

• 2 months later...

Evening All,

Barry & Penarth MRC will be hosting their 40th anniversary exhibition on Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th July at St Cyres School in Penarth. 

ST Cyres School, Sully Road, Penarth, CF64 2XP.

Details are as follows:

Saturday - 10:00 - 4:30

Sunday -   10:00 - 4:00

Adults £5

Children (under 14) £3

Free car parking 

Full disabled access

Vintage bus shuttle from Cogan Station on both days. 

Layouts:

Severn ash 2.0
Streatwell green
Toms wharf
Crossley scrap
Talbot lane TMD
Much snoring
Cuckoo lane
Burrard inlet
Knotts landing
City sidings
Kingsfield
Bicsdale
Wylam park
Cwm pen ol

Trevanna Dries
Plus 1 as yet unnamed layout

Traders:

Squires tools
Lord & butler
P&D Marsh
Kytes lights
GLR railways
Dragon models
PG models
Reflective images
MIB models
John Langley
Dragon badger

Plus Daughters

Societies:

Gauge O Guild

MERG

Tally-Lyn Railway

contact us on bpmrc@outlook.com if you have any queries - we look forward to seeing you there!

Edited by Crocodile414
  • Like 3

Looks like a good line up.

Awaiting conformation that my layout Trevanna will be attending.

Cheers

Wayne

Our exhibition manager says he has sent you an email - if you haven't received it can you PM me and we can take it from there

Our exhibition manager says he has sent you an email - if you haven't received it can you PM me and we can take it from there

Many thanks. I have received and replied to his email.

Kind regards,

Wayne

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have just posted details of the Welshpool show on 27th October in the Exhibitions section: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138408-wid-wales-model-railway-exhibition/

We are really trying to up the quality this year to see if it makes any difference to attendance. In the past it has very much been a local show with much "passing trade" of families etc.

We hope that this year's line-up will attract more modellers, and from a greater distance.

It really is a good lineup. It will be a rare chance to see some of the boards of Dave Pennington's massive Liverpool Lime Street project, as well as some other iconic layouts, and possibly the last time for a while to see Lydham Heath. It will be the last outing of Penrhos before it is retired by its owner, and one of the last chances to see Crowsnest Wharf as Trevor is working on a new layout.

The Welshpool & Llanfair Railway will be running that day with four trains each way. It is only ten minutes walk from the exhibition venue in Broad Street. And the Raven In  has had a massive makeover and is reputed to be well worth a visit!

Jonathan

PS If RMWebbers come, please feel free to say hello to me. I shall be the tall guy with white hair and a beard, spending much of my time operating Lydham Heath.

• Like 1

Annual Charity Model Railway Exhibition organised by Rhyl & District Model Railway Club.

Saturday 8th December 2018.

Venue: Prestatyn Parish Church and Community Hall, High Street, Prestatyn, Denbighshire, LL19 9AR.

Show open 10.30am - 4.00pm.

Admission:

Adult £3.50. One Child (Up to 15yrs) FREE entry with each Adult.

Additional Accompanied Children £1.50 each.

Around 15 layouts booked in the popular scales, from "micro" layouts to '0' scale Tinplate and 'G' Scale ; Trade Stands; Demonstrations & Displays.

Light refreshments available.

Town Centre venue; free parking adjacent to venue; 5 mins walk from Rail & Bus Stations.

Proceeds this year to be split between Ty Gobaith Childrens Hospice (Conwy) and Pet Rescue Welfare Association (Dyserth).

post-28743-0-14465400-1539607077_thumb.jpg

I noticed the Swansea Show stated it was the 'Premier' show in South Wales  :jester: 
So, .............'s at dawn    :O

Meanwhile in West Cornwall, we have Rev. James on tap,
to get us in the mood before visiting Cardiff this weekend.
Just visiting now, but always nice to come/go to Cardiff,

been going since it was in the old place at Sophia Gardens, yes, before Splott.
For me it's a 'high' Social occasion too.

Edited by Penlan

• 2 weeks later...

The Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2019

Saturday 26th. January, 2019 10:00am – 4:30pm

Scout Association Headquarters, Fields Park Road,
Pontcanna, Cardiff   CF11 9HX

With a trade presence by Lord & Butler, Cardiff Model Rail Centre, Penarth Road, Cardiff.

Admission £4:00p adults.      Under 14s Free

Refreshments   -   Ample free parking

( At the time of writing, the adjacent car park is 'pay and display' on Monday to Friday, and free on weekends )

Public Transport – several Cardiff Bus services stop outside ‘The Halfway’ public house, Cathedral Road
which is less than five minutes walk to the venue.

A number of local modellers have agreed to exhibit their layouts whilst others will demonstrate a variety of modelling disciplines;
all, in a one day show.

This thread will be updated shortly - giving details of exhibits, demonstrators and traders.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I have just posted details of the Welshpool show on 27th October in the Exhibitions section: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138408-wid-wales-model-railway-exhibition/

We are really trying to up the quality this year to see if it makes any difference to attendance. In the past it has very much been a local show with much "passing trade" of families etc.

We hope that this year's line-up will attract more modellers, and from a greater distance.

It really is a good lineup. It will be a rare chance to see some of the boards of Dave Pennington's massive Liverpool Lime Street project, as well as some other iconic layouts, and possibly the last time for a while to see Lydham Heath. It will be the last outing of Penrhos before it is retired by its owner, and one of the last chances to see Crowsnest Wharf as Trevor is working on a new layout.

The Welshpool & Llanfair Railway will be running that day with four trains each way. It is only ten minutes walk from the exhibition venue in Broad Street. And the Raven In  has had a massive makeover and is reputed to be well worth a visit!

Jonathan

PS If RMWebbers come, please feel free to say hello to me. I shall be the tall guy with white hair and a beard, spending much of my time operating Lydham Heath.

I can confirm 'The Raven' does good pub meals now and some very decent beers too! :good: 

• RMweb Premium

I can confirm 'The Raven' does good pub meals now and some very decent beers too! :good:

In fact I may well be partaking of lunch at 'The Raven' today to keep SWMBO happy after seeing the exhibition.  I suspect I will spend more time there than even she can manage in M&Co. :jester:

• 3 weeks later...

The Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2019

Saturday 26th. January, 2019 10:00am – 4:30pm

Scout Association Headquarters, Fields Park Road, Pontcanna, Cardiff   CF11 9HX

Admission £4:00p adults.      Under 14s Free

The provisional line up for the Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2019, is now...........

EXHIBITORS

Sheep Lane” 4mm Somerset & Dorset by Rob Gunstone 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/94613-the-sheep-chronicles-bleating-about-the-bush-the-continuing-adventures-of-norman-lockhart/?hl=%2Bsheep+%2Bchronicles

Abercynon Fach” – GWR Loan Act shed in a minimum space by Brian Tucker 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68515-abercynon-fach/?hl=%2Babercynon+%2Bfach

Snowy Peaks” – 3.5mm ‘HO’ Scale US diesel powered switching layout by Chris Lock

Tunnock Yard” – 4mm scale EM ‘Railfreight era’

Bicsdale” –  1950s 4mm BR (WR) by Gwyn Chivers

Danemouth” – 4mm scale last days of steam in the West Country by Dave Harris & The Bay MRG 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134246-danemouth-a-seaside-blt/?hl=danemouth

Haverfordwest” – 2mm Scale modern image with military trains carrying AFVs by Paul Gandy

Merioneth & Llantisilio Rail Traction Co. Ltd.” - 7mm electronic wizardry by Steve Dodd

Gunpoint” – 3.5mm Scale ‘HO’ by members of the Pontypridd MRC

Shepcote Lane” or “Crossley scrap” both 4mm scale, by Barrie ‘Baz’ Jones 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126684-shipley-scrap/

L’heure blueu” – 3.5mm ‘HO’ Scale night time in a Northern French tow during the 1950s and 1960s, by Al. Reynolds.                                                          http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/132461-a-new-french-urban-layout-for-2018/page-1

DEMONSTRATORS

Gary Lane – Scratchbuilding modern wagons in 7mm / 4mm scales

Hywel Thomas (of 'Morfa Bank Sidings' fame) – 4mm scale structures and scenics

Ben Brown – Renumbering and renaming proprietary stock

Fred Lewis – Scratchbuilding / kitbuilding 7mm locomotives

Lionel Stout – building 16mm narrow gauge live steam on the kitchen table !

Graham Tierney – 4mm EM structures and stock for the developing Cardiff 4mm Group layout ‘Pencader’

TRADERS

Lord & Butler, Cardiff

Julian Wynn – Taff Vale Models 7mm kits and bits

M.I.B. Models – “3D Printing”

SOCIETIES

Welsh Railways Research Circle