Welsh exhibitions

Piemanlarger

This Saturday!

Annual Charity Model Railway Exhibition organised by Rhyl & District Model Railway Club.

Saturday 8th December 2018.

Venue: Prestatyn Parish Church and Community Hall, High Street, Prestatyn, Denbighshire, LL19 9AR.

Show open 10.30am - 4.00pm.

Admission:

Adult £3.50. One Child (Up to 15yrs) FREE entry with each Adult.

Additional Accompanied Children £1.50 each.

Around 15 layouts booked in the popular scales, from "micro" layouts to '0' scale Tinplate and 'G' Scale ; Trade Stands; Demonstrations & Displays.

Light refreshments available.

Town Centre venue; free parking adjacent to venue; 5 mins walk from Rail & Bus Stations.

Proceeds this year to be split between Ty Gobaith Childrens Hospice (Conwy) and Pet Rescue Welfare Association (Dyserth).

FB_IMG_1539607038914.jpg

post-28743-0-95301100-1544039455_thumb.jpg Edited by Signaller69
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bumped again.......

Rob

The Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2019

Saturday 26th. January, 2019 10:00am – 4:30pm

Scout Association Headquarters, Fields Park Road, Pontcanna, Cardiff CF11 9HX

With a trade presence by Lord & Butler, Cardiff Model Rail Centre, Penarth Road, Cardiff..

Refreshments   -   Ample free parking

( At the time of uploading this entry, the adjacent car park is 'pay and display' on Monday to Friday, but not on weekends )

Public Transport – several Cardiff Bus services stop outside ‘The Halfway’ public house, Cathedral Road

which is less than five minutes walk to the venue.

In cooperation with Messrs Lord & Butler, several  modellers have agreed to exhibit their layouts in a one day show.

EXHIBITORS

“Sheep Lane” 4mm Somerset & Dorset by Rob Gunstone 

http://www.rmweb.co....eep +chronicles

“Abercynon Fach” – GWR Loan Act shed in a minimum space by Brian Tucker 

http://www.rmweb.co....abercynon +fach

“Snowy Peaks” – 3.5mm ‘HO’ Scale US diesel powered switching layout by Chris Lock

“Tunnock Yard” – 4mm scale EM ‘Railfreight era’

“Bicsdale” –  1950s 4mm BR (WR) by Gwyn Chivers

“Danemouth” – 4mm scale last days of steam in the West Country by Dave Harris & The Bay MRG 

http://www.rmweb.co....t/?hl=danemouth

“Haverfordwest” – 2mm Scale modern image with military trains carrying AFVs by Paul Gandy

“Merioneth & Llantisilio Rail Traction Co. Ltd.” - 7mm electronic wizardry by Steve Dodd

“Gunpoint” – 3.5mm Scale ‘HO’ by members of the Pontypridd MRC

“Shepcote Lane” or “Crossley scrap” both 4mm scale, by Barrie ‘Baz’ Jones 

http://www.rmweb.co....-shipley-scrap/

“L’heure blueu” – 3.5mm ‘HO’ Scale night time in a Northern French tow during the 1950s and 1960s, by Al. Reynolds.                                                          http://www.rmweb.co....for-2018/page-1

DEMONSTRATORS

Gary Lane – Scratchbuilding modern wagons in 7mm / 4mm scales

Hywel Thomas (of 'Morfa Bank Sidings' fame) – 4mm scale structures and scenics

Ben Brown – Renumbering and renaming proprietary stock

Fred Lewis – Scratchbuilding / kitbuilding 7mm locomotives

Lionel Stout – building 16mm narrow gauge live steam on the kitchen table !

Graham Tierney – 4mm EM structures and stock for the developing Cardiff 4mm Group layout ‘Pencader’

TRADERS

Lord & Butler, Cardiff

Julian Wynn – Taff Vale Models 7mm kits and bits

M.I.B. Models – “3D Printing”

SOCIETIES

Welsh Railways Research Circle

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello chums,

Give my brother, Peter (of Lord and Butler), a hello from me as I can't be there personally - too far for a day trip. I shall be watching out for any videos if they're posted up.

(I understand he does a mean bacon roll too - mmmmm lunchtime soon).

Cheers,

Philip

• RMweb Gold

Weathering is extra !

Can be served with a side portion of "digital" chips !

Depends if Rowley is a bit careless with the knife....

Hello,

I just wanted to point out to any members attending our small show this Saturday that my layout Tunnock Yard will be shown as a work in progress project. Many issues have slowed things down somewhat and it is taking longer to complete than I wanted. People on here who know me personally will know that the same happened when building my Dragon Steels layout, but I hope it will show some of our visitors who've never built a layout before have a project proceeds.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

I just wanted to point out to any members attending our small show this Saturday that my layout Tunnock Yard will be shown as a work in progress project. Many issues have slowed things down somewhat and it is taking longer to complete than I wanted. People on here who know me personally will know that the same happened when building my Dragon Steels layout, but I hope it will show some of our visitors who've never built a layout before have a project proceeds.

Cheers

If you set up this Saturday Wayne, It will be a small show as only you will be there.....It's on the 26th. So, stop worrying. You have an extra week to get it finished.........I told you the paint would still be wet...

Rob.

• Like 2

Well, now the tolls are removed, I'd guess that travelling to Cardiff has never been easier.

Ian.

I'm looking forward to testing that hypothesis, though I shall miss the trundle down the A48 beside the Severn estuary.  It will be nice not to have to rely on Magor services for breakfast!

I'm also looking forward to meeting Forum inmates whether or not I have met them before.

Chris  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking forward to testing that hypothesis, though I shall miss the trundle down the A48 beside the Severn estuary.  It will be nice not to have to rely on Magor services for breakfast!

I'm also looking forward to meeting Forum inmates whether or not I have met them before.

Chris

Yes, it is a nice trundle down the A48. If you are going through Chepstow, there might be a large Tesco by the lights. I can't remember if there is a cafeteria there. I'm assuming that you've travelled via the Air Balloon junction, in which case there are several large supermarket eateries on the old Gloucester Road.

Happy travelling,

Ian.

If you set up this Saturday Wayne, It will be a small show as only you will be there.....It's on the 26th. So, stop worrying. You have an extra week to get it finished.........I told you the paint would still be wet...

Rob.

DOH!!

I knew I should have double checked the date! At least that's a bit more time to play with, it still won't be fully finished but it would be nice if I could at least do a little shunting.

Cheers Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

Cheers

Wayne,

Our 7mm scale, 'Splott West Sidings' has now been to four shows in various stages of 'WIP'.  It has been very well received and visitors thoroughly enjoy seeing the unfinished business and are prone to ask far more questions than when looking at a completed masterpiece. (We even had one chap and his wife who asked if they could take pictures of the underside of the boards to see the operating system for the pointwork!)

I shall be attending on the 26th, so that gives ample warning to the Rolley boys, Danemouth, Leg of Mutton et al to take cover.

As is usual with this show, I may very well be coming down mob handed with brother and the nephews in tow.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I shall be attending on the 26th, so that gives ample warning to the Rolley boys, Danemouth, Leg of Mutton et al to take cover.

As is usual with this show, I may very well be coming down mob handed with brother and the nephews in tow.

To assist, suitable signage will be erected.....

post-14122-0-52433800-1547572288.jpg

• RMweb Gold

A surprisingly good turn of speed.........especially if they sniff a bacon roll.....

post-14122-0-34820400-1547621186.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At least the hippo signs make a refreshing change from jokes about the Welsh and their beloved sheep!

post-14122-0-08963800-1547659292.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At least the hippo signs make a refreshing change from jokes about the Welsh and their beloved sheep!

I presume the caption is:

I'm looking at Ewe.........................Sorry!

Roll on 26th when I hope to be interrogating Rolley B about blue liveried Hymeks.