Welsh exhibitions

Piemanlarger

post-19557-0-93765100-1548005901_thumb.jpg

Crossley Scrap will be at the Small Cardiff show next week , as i have a helper / helpers  for the day , i will be doing my concrete painting effects and rust effects painting , or anything you would like to ask about modern day modelling , wagons , scenery layout ideas etc...

post-19557-0-93765100-1548005901_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

1st visit to the 'Small Show' today. Lots to see, and lots of re-acquaintances. It was nice to put faces to names, some of which I've only known via the pages of RM Web. As a so-called small show, it drove a fine line between that, and a RM web get-together. No doubt in large measure due to the venue & organisers, and the people who attended. It ticked a lot of boxes in fine style.

Nice work team: Just the sort of 'thing' to have just after Christmas. Blows out some cobwebs, sort of thing.

Ian.

Edited by tomparryharry
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Nick G said:

First day was today, on again tomorrow.

A good show with a wide variety of layouts covering all the different scales. Llanfarthyn; Ruthin Station; Faugham Hill  Pottery all holding my attention as well as The Sidings.

1 minute ago, Scottish-Exile said:

A good show with a wide variety of layouts covering all the different scales. Llanfarthyn; Ruthin Station; Faugham Hill  Pottery all holding my attention as well as The Sidings.

Good to see you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Mid Wales Model Railway Show 2019

We are making a really big effort this year. Look forward to meeting lots of RMWebbers at the show.

Full programme now available:

Organised by the Newtown Model Railway Society

Welshpool Town Hall, Saturday 26th October 2019,

Doors open 10am, close 5pm

Layouts in the main hall;-

Roy Link “Crowsnest Tramway” – taking a break from his publishing business to show his superlative 16mm scale model – we believe for the first time in public.

Karl Crowther “Hebble Vale Goods” – guest editor of Model Railway Journal and professional modelmaker with a superb rendition of the Lancashire and Yorkshire borders in 4mm scale EM gauge.

Paul Holmes “Hulme End” – another new narrow gauge layout in 7mm scale from a prolific builder of quality models. 17.5mm track gauge, DCC with sound and smoke effects

Ben Lord “Amalgamated Wagon Works” – showing the 7mm standard gauge layout first built by David H Smith, Ben and the Rochdale group have turned this in to an entertaining shunting layout, proving that good 7mm scale can be built in small spaces.

Barrie Johnston “Pen-y-Graig” – a skilfully executed slate quarry model in 5.5mm scale. Completely scratchbuilt with working incline and man powered wagons. Possibly the most atmospheric slate quarry model since Dave Rowe’s early dioramas.

Iain Chippendale “Clough Street Sidings” – 7mm scale standard gauge – Iain and his team from the Alsager MRS have supported our show in the past – This is another of the excellent layouts that they have built over the years. Visitors are encouraged to try their hand at operating.

Peter Kazer “Blythborough” – Peter is probably one of the best narrow gauge modellers in the country today and has been a long term supporter of the Welshpool Show. The model is built to a scale of ¼ inch to the foot and represents the intermediate station on the Southwold Railway – absolutely top class modelling.

Tony Bucknell “ Harkness” – based on the North Sunderland Railway this is a first for Tony in EM gauge , and features some excellent kit built rolling stock.

Newtown Model Railway Society “Pool Road” - the host club’s 4mm finescale layout has recently been rewired and renovated. Not often on the exhibition trail – enjoy it while you can.

Full support from the Corris Railway Society, the Bishop’s Castle Railway Society and the Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway Society, including Dave Rowe’s iconic “Llareggub” in OO9.

Trade support from Tractex, Buffer Books and John Percival’s Walsworth Models.

Full demonstration of modelling by Phil May and Derek Mundy.

Tea, Coffee and cakes will be available to the public in the lower hall, together with displays by the Cambrian Engineering Society, Walter Turner, Alan Crowe with the W&L town trail and a first appearance of the Newtown MRS “Montgomery ( Bishop’s Castle Railway )“.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This looks rather nice but it clashes with Taunton Railex unfortunately. 

Rob. 

• RMweb Gold

Probably not Jonathan but I would have travelled to yours from Cardiff had I not been exhibiting at Taunton. 

Rob 

4 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

You can't find a week without a clash. For us it is the Saturday which is in half term for both Powys and Salop. I am not sure whether too many modellers are likely to travel from Newtown to Taunton or vice versa.

Jonathan

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Probably not Jonathan but I would have travelled to yours from Cardiff had I not been exhibiting at Taunton. 

Rob 

the same for me from Neath if i were not at Taunton with the trade stand

Edited by mozzer models
  • Like 1