• 2 months later...

Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2020

Saturday 18th. January, 2020 10:00am – 4:30pm

Scout Association Headquarters,

Fields Park Road,

Pontcanna, Cardiff   

CF11 9HX

With a trade presence by Messrs Lord & Butler,

Cardiff Model Rail Centre, Penarth Road, Cardiff.

Admission £4:00p adults.      Under 14s Free

Refreshments   -   Ample free parking
( At the time of writing, the adjacent car park is 'pay and display' Monday to Friday, and free on weekends )

Public Transport – several Cardiff Bus services stop outside

‘The Halfway’ public house, Cathedral Road, less than five minutes walk to the venue.

A number of local modellers have agreed to exhibit their model railway layouts whilst others will demonstrate a variety of railway modelling disciplines; all in a one day show.

At least a dozen model railways featuring most of the popular scales

(e.g. 7mm scale / ‘O’ Gauge, 4mm scale in both ‘EM’ and ‘OO’ gauges, as well as ‘OO9’ narrow gauge)  will be on display.

Full details of layouts and demonstrators attending will follow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Advance notice......

Swansea Railway Modellers' Group will be presenting the Swansea Bay Model Railway Show at the Orangery, Margam Park, Port Talbot on the weekend of the 19th. and 20th. September.

For information on traders and exhibitors attending, go to srmg.org.uk/2020-show from mid-March.

Tony

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

MID WALES MODEL RAILWAY SHOW

We have regretfully decided to cancel the show, scheduled for the last Saturday of October. We don't feel that it is fair to potential exhibitors to leave things in the air any longer. Wales is being more stringent with its lockdown than England, and it seems highly likely that social distancing will still be compulsory. That would be impossible in our venue without halving the size of the show.

A great pity as our exhibition manager had put together a really excellent mix of high class layouts, not just local ones as we often used to have in the past.

Hopefully we shall be able to have a show in 2021.

Jonathan David

Newtown Model Railway Society

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

I was due to show at the W&LLR Gala during the first week in Sep.

I withdrew the layout last month as I did not want to subject myself or fellow operators to any unnecessary health risks.

I've since been contacted to ask if we will attend next year, and that this years event has been cancelled. although I've not seen anything on their website to confirm this.

I suspect the Garden Railway show at LLanfair Caereinon which is held over the same weekend will go the same way.

On 21/02/2020 at 17:14, Prometheus said:

Advance notice......

Swansea Railway Modellers' Group will be presenting the Swansea Bay Model Railway Show at the Orangery, Margam Park, Port Talbot on the weekend of the 19th. and 20th. September.

For information on traders and exhibitors attending, go to srmg.org.uk/2020-show from mid-March.

Tony

I have posted news of our cancellation  in a number of places on this forum a while back but inexplicably missed posting here.

Anyway, sadly, it’s off.

Tony

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...

CARDIFF ( SMALL ) MODEL RAILWAY SHOW 2021

Saturday, January, 23rd. 2021

Scout H.Q. Fields Park Road, Pontcanna, Cardiff.

It is with regret that the organisers have taken the decision to cancel this popular event.

In light of the current situation, the owners of the venue have taken a decision not to consider any bookings, or events at the venue until at least ‘after Christmas’

This is a decision the organisers accept, and agree with, and following discussion with several interested parties ( traders, exhibitors and potential visitors ) during which safety concerns and numerous other logistical implications were considered, the decision was made to cancel the show for 2021.

We thank you for your support in previous years, which has helped us raise a substantial donation to local charities,   and are sure that you will understand and accept our decision.

Watch out for details of the

CARDIFF ( SMALL ) MODEL RAILWAY SHOW 2022.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

One Welsh show is still at the moment going ahead - Bala Lake in September. Last email from them was they are planning to use experience in reopening the railway to put the show on, could this be the first show since cancellations started?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/08/2020 at 13:42, Ed-farms said:

One Welsh show is still at the moment going ahead - Bala Lake in September. Last email from them was they are planning to use experience in reopening the railway to put the show on, could this be the first show since cancellations started?

But without at least one layout. As a occasional operator of Borth Aberdovey & Ynyslas Railway, I received a message from the owner telling me that due to lack of opportunity to do maintenance, and the difficulties of  social distancing when operating, it will not be attending.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2020 at 12:52, Barry Ten said:

I booked in with Cogirep, now 13 years old!

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/56643-cogirep/

Hi Al, long time no see/chat. I well remember Cogirep, you very kindly let my son, Kyle, operate the layout at one of the Pumping Station shows many many years ago!

A great little layout, so full of detail.

Mike (Pembrokeshire)

Edited by brooklynboy
add name
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, brooklynboy said:

Hi Al, long time no see/chat. I well remember Cogirep, you very kindly let my son, Kyle, operate the layout at one of the Pumping Station shows many many years ago!

A great little layout, so full of detail.

Mike (Pembrokeshire)

My pleasure, Mike. I'm sure I remember you and Kyle. The layout is still in existence, a bit neglected as I raided part of it for the newer French module, but it would certainly have been spruced up had the exhibition gone ahead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, br2975 said:

As it falls on the weekend before my 'holibobs' I'll no doubt pop along, us pensioners must stick together.............

As a taster........

Bleat Wharf. 

20210502_131740-01.jpeg.b6903ea6b8f0ca14453e754556538fb5.jpeg

• Like 4