Welsh exhibitions

Piemanlarger

Hi Mikey, last time I heard - everything is going ahead
Oddly enough though, I've not heard much recently myself...
Then again, I haven't been in the shop much

Are you coming along to the show in Newport on the 1st & 2nd June?
I'm definately there, with Cashmores, Barry Ten is there with Paynestown, Brain T is there with Abercynnon Fach,
and I think Paul "Naturol" is there with Ranalagh Bridge....
Plenty of other layouts too.....

It's Cashmores first outing :)

Marc

Edit: Details of Cashmores here Mikey
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/58024-cashmores-the-next-layout/page-3

Edited by marc smith

• RMweb Gold

Yes, the Newport show is shaping up to be a good one. I think Naturol is bringing the circular steelworks layout, not Ranelagh Bridge?

By the way, I have to abandon my layout for a couple of hours on sunday, so if anyone fancies helping out, they'd be more than welcome? It's simple DC, very basic operation with just a couple of isolating sections. My wife has said she'll help out but I don't really want to foist that on her except as a last resort.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Re: L&B, I think it is going ahead as well (last I heard, anyway), although this will be the first year that I won't be there as an exhibitor or helping out. Got a hot date elsewhere with a Mr Springsteen of New Jersey.

• Like 2

Yes, the Newport show is shaping up to be a good one. I think Naturol is bringing the circular steelworks layout, not Ranelagh Bridge?

By the way, I have to abandon my layout for a couple of hours on sunday, so if anyone fancies helping out, they'd be more than welcome? It's simple DC, very basic operation with just a couple of isolating sections. My wife has said she'll help out but I don't really want to foist that on her except as a last resort.

Appologies if this is the case....

I had hoped to see Naturols' Ranalagh Bridge again

I did look rather good at the Llantwit Fardre show....

Perhaps it was anticipation, on my part ;)

Thanks boys for the update. Just considering the Newport show actually. Not too far to walk from railway station to the venue. Always wanted to walk across that bridge, memory of mine from the frequent railway trips I did as a youngster when we passed through Newport. Sadly my old knees aren't up to long walks or drives nowadays, but this looks very doable. Have to persuade a child to come with me though!

:scratchhead:

• Like 1

Re: L&B, I think it is going ahead as well (last I heard, anyway), although this will be the first year that I won't be there as an exhibitor or helping out. Got a hot date elsewhere with a Mr Springsteen of New Jersey.

Freehold New Jersey's most favoured son..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CSFSX-Qh54

Undoubtedly Bruce at his politicised best, but even I'm giving The Boss a rest this time around !

As he's is also a follower of the faith (model railways) perhaps he'll show up at the L&B Show ?

Brian R.

Edited by br2975
  • Like 1

Update: 

May have a found a 'victim' to accompany me to the Newport show, may have to put up with constant chat about Wrong Direction and other dismal boy bands throughout the journey, but one must do what one must do!

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Great if you can make it,
but if anyone starts talking about one direction,
I'll have my bass handy, and will start thrashing out some Ramones tunes ;)

.... or maybe some Elvis basslines.... or some Blondie stuff?

Hope you can make it Mikey

• Like 1

I was down at Lord and Butler yesterday and the show is on Father's Day weekend which I believe is 15/16 June. I picked upa flyer for it, and I know BrianT's Abercynon shed layout is there, and the small coal yard layout from Pontypridd club. I will see you all on Saturday and canvass your opinions on whether my new layout will be based in Scotland, West Wales or East Anglia (Scotland is my favourite but I don't have the locos, but I do for other two, so I suppose you'll tell me Scotland!).

Also there is a show in Porthcawl on Sunday 23rd June which is a Sunday. I am supposed to be there with Hendre Lane which is now based c1970-1974 with blue and green diesels, TOPS and pre-TOPS.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mikey,

There is only One Direction:  The Highway to Hell!

VM,

Are you abandoning your plans of a Tondu style 2mm masterpiece, or is this new layout yet another plan (I too have similar schemes in various scales and gauges)?

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

Mikey,

There is only One Direction:  The Highway to Hell!

VM,

Are you abandoning your plans of a Tondu style 2mm masterpiece, or is this new layout yet another plan (I too have similar schemes in various scales and gauges)?

Regards

Richard

I'm not the only one who has more plans & schemes than should be considered "healthy" then?

and nice to hear I'm not the only one dreaming in several scales ;)

PS. Hope you can make Newport Mikey....

Marc

• Like 1

NEWPORT SHOW  -  Saturday 1st. / Sunday 2nd. JUNE

CASTLE WORKS by "naturol" will be making an appearance at this years show.

4mm 'OO' scale, based on the former Allied Steel & Wire operations in Cardiff.

Photos courtesy of Chris Nevard (previously published in Model Rail)

Brian R

post-1599-0-98847000-1369830922_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-78908800-1369830938_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-26795600-1369830949_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh, sorry Phil
I'm not 100% sure of the timings for the Sunday

But in previous years, as exhibitor,
I think it might have been 10 am, until about 4pm?

I stand to be corrected, if that's not the case....
But ordinarily, on a Sunday, the shop doesn't usually open until 2pm

However, I'm confident that it opens in the morning, on the weekend of the show....

If I can make it, sadly, it will only be for the Saturday
and I intend to take Cashmores along for that

Hope to see several of you there

Marc

For those not already aware - this years L & B Show will not be in the Pumping Station proper, but in the single storey brick building next door i.e. across the car park, formerly a furniture outlet.

Brian R

• Like 1

For those not already aware - this years L & B Show will not be in the Pumping Station proper, but in the single storey brick building next door i.e. across the car park, formerly a furniture outlet.

Brian R

Indeed, the staff of L&B will be in their shop, and will direct punters over to the adjacent building

Where a further member of L&B staff will be in attendance....

So you can visit both the shop and the show

Only this year, there will be loads more space available for the layouts....

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Colwyn Model Railway Club Exhibition 2013

July 27th & 28th at the Craig y Don community centre.
Queens Road.
Craig y Don.
Llandudno
LL30 1TE.

Free Parking. Refreshments Available
Trade stands.  O, OO, N gauge and 16mm Live steam on display. Admission £3.50Adults. £2.00 Children

PRIZE RAFFLE TO BE DRAWN ON BOTH DAYS. PRIZES TO INCLUDE;

1/2 Day Drive a train experience courtesy of Cambrian Heritage Railways.
Footplate experience courtesy of Ravenglass and Eskdale Railways.
Two theatre tickets too see Blood Brothers.
A family ticket to Portmeirion Village.
Vouchers for Red Line go Karting.
Family Ticket for the Hornby Visitor centre.
Family ticket for the Sygun Copper Mines.
Other prizes courtesy of Welshpool & llanfair Railway, Midland Railway Trust, Ribble Steam, Talyllyn Railway, Embsay Bolton Abbey, Pilas palas, Breacon Mountain Railway,Welsh Mountain Zoo, Breaks Snooker Lounge, The Fun Centre, Llanberis Lake Railway, Swanage Railway, Greenwood Forest Park, The Kirklees Light Railway, plus other prizes.
see www.colwynmodelrailwayclub.co.uk 
Too good too miss!!!!! SEE YOU THERE.