Welsh exhibitions

Piemanlarger

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Popped over to Bath yesterday. Ok so not a Welsh exhibition but went to a small exhibition called Larkrail. Organised by Simon Castens from the Titfield Thunderbolt book shop. Highlight was without doubt Polbrock Gurney by Chris Nevard.

Every bit as good as it looks in the comics.....then some. The overall look of the layout is spot on, with stock,buildings all blending in so well.

Other highlight was Tucking Mill. Light railway in 2mm finescale. Lovely.

Popped into Bath itself. Visited Bath Green Park station to find a farmers market on the go. Browny points from Memsahib. Found stall selling home made chocolate. Filthy. More browny points.

Nipped down to Midford and surrounding area. Walk along canal then home.

A good day all round.

Rob

• Like 2

I've just noticed that this August Bank Holiday's Corris show is billed as being at The Plas in Mach, rather than its usual venue at the school next to Corris station.

An admittedly very quick trawl through here finds no other mention of this so I'm not sure if this is news or yet another case of me being a bit fick. 

I now click "post" fully expecting to be told that the venue changed last year, when I couldnt go . . .

Edited to add that I've snce had a deeper trawl but still have found no other mention of the change of venue.

Edited by mike morley

• 3 weeks later...

There are a couple of attractions in the Swansea locality shortly,

On bank holiday weekend, Sunday and Monday 25 & 26th aught the cefn coed museum , Crynant

there Is a show. And the following sat and Sunday there is the show at the waterfront museum, Swansea.

Hi Mike Morley

I picked up a leaflet at the Aberaeron show yesterday for the Machynlleth show, and it's definitely at The Plas. I checked the venue's website and the exhibition is mentioned there as well.

http://www.plasmachynlleth.co.uk/index.php/en/what-s-on#year=2013&month=8&day=12&view=month

Purely by chance I am going to be in Machynlleth on the 24th (Saturday) for a computer type show with my son, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the venues are almost across the road from each other!

In fact I do believe the entire family is now going to come with us and have a day out!

• Like 1

.....Purely by chance I am going to be in Machynlleth on the 24th (Saturday) for a computer type show with my son, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the venues are almost across the road from each other!...

How often does THAT happen?

That's surely a sign from "on high" that you should attend the exhibition

Perhaps you could even convince Mrs Mikey K that it's a sign you should buy an expensive kit too? ;)

Marc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm coming up to the Cardiff show on 19th October (two weeks today) on the train. Wife and youngest daughter going shopping whilst I pay a visit to the exhibition :-)

Anyone else going to be in attendance?

I'm coming up to the Cardiff show on 19th October (two weeks today) on the train. Wife and youngest daughter going shopping whilst I pay a visit to the exhibition :-)

Anyone else going to be in attendance?

Yes,

One of the operators on "Minister"!

Please do say hello,

Dave

• Like 2

Mike, Merv

I'll be there, either operating Ranelagh Bridge (which will be next to Minster) or on the door .......

Either way, stop for a chat

Brian R

Won't be able to make this one. Working today and the other half wants to look round some homeware stores on Sunday. Hope everyone has a good show though and I'll look forward to any pics posted up.

Cheers 

Won't be able to make this one. Working today and the other half wants to look round some homeware stores on Sunday. Hope everyone has a good show though and I'll look forward to any pics posted up.

Cheers 

And I took an envelope along for you !

Perhaps another time Wayne

Brian R

Very good show today in a nice venue. Made full use of the free bus to and from Cardiff Central. Some excellent layouts, and good to see Brian operating Ranelagh Bridge, and Dave operating Minster.

Mike  -  any chance of you heading even further east into deepest, darkest Dorset on November 9th?  Could make you an offer you'd find hard to refuse  .  .  .  .