Welsh exhibitions

Piemanlarger

Just a quick reminder to anyone interested that the West Wales 0 gauge Group have their annual Open Day tomorrow, Saturday 26th October.

Details are

West Wales '0' Gauge Group Open Day at Community Education Centre, Furnace Road, CARMARTHEN. 10.30 TO 16.30.
At least 7 layouts (maybe more), 6 traders, Demonstrators, Test Track, Bring and Buy, Refreshments, good disabled access. St. Peters Public Car Park (SA31 1LN) adjacent to the Centre.

I can vouch for the excellence of the refreashment....cream sponge to die for!!!!!

Chris

A small selection of images from today's 7mm show in Carmarthen.

I believe this was the first public appearance of Frecclesham (pron: Freccles Ham).

Something for SR modellers to look forward to....

Randall

post-6897-0-17597700-1382806005_thumb.jpgpost-6897-0-01211800-1382805941_thumb.jpgpost-6897-0-13834800-1382859904.jpgpost-6897-0-12308500-1382859919.jpgpost-6897-0-37946300-1382806107_thumb.jpgpost-6897-0-43527600-1382806173_thumb.jpg

Edited by RandyWales
  • Like 2

Was an excellent day out there. Some nice layouts. The cheer when the EE Type 1 shut down at lunch time was amusing.

From what Mike Marritt said it was layouts V demo's and the public had asked for layouts. Good choice.

Managed to give my new Heljan Western run on the test layout with four Mk1's behind, looked good.

Good trade support as well for such a small show, well done to the traders.

Nice show, nice everything. Looking forward to next years already.

Early this morning there were more photos from Randy Wales including one of my Western on the test track and a comment about the bring and buy stand. Its gone for some reason.

Have to agree about the bring and buy stand and the books, amazing books for a pound. Got a few myself.

Early this morning there were more photos from Randy Wales including one of my Western on the test track and a comment about the bring and buy stand. Its gone for some reason.

Oops...sorry....

My intention was to post a couple more images, but they were not up to scratch, and in the process of removing them I got a callout from work and in the rush, I managed to delete the post.

Pity the first Western was damaged....you probably would have had time to fit the sound chip before Carmarthen....

I'll be ordering a blue one asap....

post-6897-0-17861500-1382996018.jpg

• Like 1

Back to shows -

There is a small exhibition of model railway layouts at the National Woolen Museum in Drefach Felindre (between Newcastle-Emlyn and Carmarthen) on Saturday November 2.

Pop in if you happen to be in the area.

Shaun.

Back to shows -

There is a small exhibition of model railway layouts at the National Woolen Museum in Drefach Felindre (between Newcastle-Emlyn and Carmarthen) on Saturday November 2.

Shaun.

How come I live just up the road and didn't know about this? The Brunel exhibition is still on then too. I did know about that, but haven't managed to get there yet!

http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/whatson/?event_id=6790

• Like 1

Hope to make it to the museum on Saturday Shaun.

Busy weekend as I have got a ticket for a certain Welsh football match on Sunday as well!

I can't think what match that might be!

Hope to see you on Saturday Mike, but if not, do take care on Sunday - there could well be a bit of bother...

ATB

Shaun.

Back to shows -

Shaun.

I won't be anywhere near the area then, sadly

However, it's good to hear that some small shows are taking place in non-urban areas

I've been to several small shows which I've really enjoyed :)

But a woolen mill is an unusual venue - don't forget to hoover the track after the show

But a woolen mill is an unusual venue - don't forget to hoover the track after the show

It's actually quite a good venue for events, and they have quite a few there.

The Brunel in Wales Exhibition is on at the same time to make it more worthwhile going.

http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/whatson/?event_id=6784

I really must make the effort to get to it before it finishes, so two events at the same time, and on my birthday, might just encourage me! And I need to find out if the museum has any information on local small weaving workshops, as I live in one!

• Like 1

Joke of the day

and one especially for you MikeyK

Q: What do you call an unhappy Welshman?

A: Jack

;)

I won't be joining any threads that refer to Swansea supporters their caravans,lucky heather and fear of electric lights.

I didn't need to switch on my central heating last night - I just basked in the after-glow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Brian R

I'm not saying any more than this:

After spending Friday and Saturday in bed with flu I then struggled up to Cardiff on Sunday to see one of the worst performances by a bunch of overpaid footballers I have ever seen in my life. Cardiff were not very good in the first half, but Swansea were frankly an absolute disgrace in the second half. We were deservedly beaten by a team that actually seemed to think the derby was a bit more important than just another game.

Must admit I thought our singing and support was far better than the Red/Bluebirds until you scored that goal, then you lot seemed to realise you weren't in a library!  :scratchhead:

Funniest bit was when 2300 Jacks pointed at the Malaysian flag and demanded to know what it was (doing there), albeit in slightly ruder terminology!  :sarcastichand:  

Ah well, return fixture in February, let's hope by then that some Jack asses have been kicked by Laudrup and our lot of prima Donnas realise they have to earn the fans' respect again!  :mad:

I'm not saying any more than this:

After spending Friday and Saturday in bed with flu I then struggled up to Cardiff on Sunday to see one of the worst performances by a bunch of overpaid footballers I have ever seen in my life. Cardiff were not very good in the first half, but Swansea were frankly an absolute disgrace in the second half. We were deservedly beaten by a team that actually seemed to think the derby was a bit more important than just another game.

Must admit I thought our singing and support was far better than the Red/Bluebirds until you scored that goal, then you lot seemed to realise you weren't in a library!  :scratchhead:

Funniest bit was when 2300 Jacks pointed at the Malaysian flag and demanded to know what it was (doing there), albeit in slightly ruder terminology!  :sarcastichand:  

Ah well, return fixture in February, let's hope by then that some Jack asses have been kicked by Laudrup and our lot of prima Donnas realise they have to earn the fans' respect again!  :mad:

First 20mins - all Swansea, Michu fluffed a chance he'd normally slot - then he became a spectator until Wilfriend Bonie replaced him, and apart from his thighs, he had nothing to contribute.

Singing and support ? - You were obviously at a different stadium ?  - I quite liked the 'Ashley Williams, he's not even Welsh' song - but am bored to tears with your rendition of Hymns & Arias, and find the Cardiff version puerile to say the least.

As for the Malaysian flag, it's as common amongst  Cardiff fans as a Swansea fan at a Welsh international match !

At the end of the season, it's not the 'bragging rights' that keeps you in the Premiership, it's the three points.

Next up - Villa away, then Man Utd and Arsenal at home (not much on offer there) !

Brian R