BRM now available online as an e-mag

Dicky W

Hello

After some hard work behind the scenes, British Railway Modelling is now available online via Pocketmags and the Apple App Store, so now you'll be able to download the latest magazine (and some back issues - more will follow later) onto your smartphone, tablet or PC/Mac.

You can find the magazine here:

http://www.pocketmag...ilway+Modelling

Or here for Apple users:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/british-railway-modelling/id494241473?mt=8

Or, of course, you can use the App Store on your iPhone/IPad.

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Gold

Very good idea, Hopefully more mags will follow.

I see some back issues are on there, hopefully more will become available over time. It would be great if it can get to the stage that when someone answers a question with see the March 2002 issue of BRM for an article on xyz, you can go straight onto the internet, pay your £2.50 and download said issue.

(and if MRJ could offer that sort of service.......)

Very good idea, Hopefully more mags will follow.

I see some back issues are on there, hopefully more will become available over time. It would be great if it can get to the stage that when someone answers a question with see the March 2002 issue of BRM for an article on xyz, you can go straight onto the internet, pay your £2.50 and download said issue.

(and if MRJ could offer that sort of service.......)

Rich

We're hoping to get as many as we can online - certainly as far back as when the magazine was stored electronically - possibly to around 2000-2001.

Regards

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded a copy this morning to test, and I must say I like it very much. Don't like reading books on my computerscreen though, but printing the pages I wanted was very easy, with a good resolution. Only wish you could print a page range instead of a single page. But for me, as a dutchman, overall it is great value for money, as these magazines are very hard to get hold of here in the Netherlands and a paper subscribtion for a year will set me back 70 pounds! And I don't have to print the ads!

Sierd jan

I wondered how soon BRM's biggest killer, the plastic bag, would be mentioned. Reading off a PC screen is the best route to eye-strain, and as for downloading by printing off pages, how damned expensive is that in inks? No thanks. Just dont wrap your hard-copy in a plastic sleeve and I'll maybe buy it!

I wondered how soon BRM's biggest killer, the plastic bag, would be mentioned. Reading off a PC screen is the best route to eye-strain, and as for downloading by printing off pages, how damned expensive is that in inks? No thanks. Just dont wrap your hard-copy in a plastic sleeve and I'll maybe buy it!

Living outside the UK its probably the only way we might get to read a magazine which has not been deformed in some way. Sometimes the plastic covering is the only reason the magazine arrives in one piece but I do understand your point.

• RMweb Gold

For me I get less eye strain as I can zoom in a bit till the text is more comfortable to read and on a tablet especially when on the train home where I sometimes finf the lighting not bright enough to read the hard copy.

I also now have all the issues (that I have bought electronically) to hand and they dont take any physical storage space at home or in my bag when travelling. I now get quite a few magazines electronically.

Ian

Richard,

A great idea - especially for us Ex-Pats who only see the magazine (if we're lucky) months later - I share coachmann's reservations being an ould sod too; but it does work with MRH over here. As Ian says the zoom feature works as does the fact that Mags are stored on the computer rather than laying around the house annoying you know who..

i'll give it a go.

Best, Pete.

Believe me if I could stroll down into the village, stop off and pick up an up-tp-date copy of a Mag and then wander down the Pub and read it over a nice pint of bitter with a pie then that would be what I would do.....

Best, Pete.

Believe me if I could stroll down into the village, stop off and pick up an up-tp-date copy of a Mag and then wander down the Pub and read it over a nice pint of bitter with a pie then that would be what I would do.....

Best, Pete.

Amen!

Sierd Jan

I certainly wouldn't disagree with any arguments for the convenience of the printed mag but with such announcements we are at a point of significant change and I can foresee a 50/50 balance in around 2/3 years. We're going through a massive speed of change at the moment.

I certainly wouldn't disagree with any arguments for the convenience of the printed mag but with such announcements we are at a point of significant change and I can foresee a 50/50 balance in around 2/3 years. We're going through a massive speed of change at the moment.

Yes, I can see that happening. And didn,t somebody start publishing a rather nice E-magazine over here before even BRM .... :mail:

I'm sure we have to go through some horrors in the fashion process on this one Coach. :)

Ten years from now Smiths will be relegated back to station platform kiosks download points where you can connect your Kobo/Kindle/device to get whatever meejar you want. A bit like the Daily Prophet with Dicky W reviewing a loco. He'll still ask if you want a half price bar of Galaxy afterwards though.

Archived