No more class 27s?

Sulzer

Heljan seem to have discontinued the 27s which is a bit of a bummer as I need them for my layout! I need a BR blue TOPS 27/1 or 27/2 or even just a 27/0 and re number it, anything would do!

Anyone know why have they discontinued them and if/when they will be produced again?

Thanks,

Calum.

Guest Max Stafford

I suspect they'll be back in the future. Probably not one of their huge sellers (not enough modellers with sufficient taste!) :jester:

I imagine Heljan will wait a couple of years to make sure that a - all early production is sold and b - there is sufficient hunger for a fresh run of them.

Meantime, they're not exactly rare on the second-hand scene.

Dave.

I think the word 'discontinued' is probably ill advised, it will suggest to some of the more impressionable types that there's been a definite decision not to make any more. As is constantly being said, Heljan's MO is to do short runs anyway, all that'll have happened is that the two batches made so far are starting to become scarcer.

There are more versions of the Heljan Class 27 planned for 2012.

2707 27027 (planned but no date yet given)

2709 D5389 Blue small yellow panels as LMR allocated engine

2723 D5361 Green small yellow panels as ScR engine.

The last two items I have seen colour layouts for so these will be fairly soon I would imagine.

It was in the Heljan book i got at Glasgow model show last Feb.Never seen it for sale on a pre-order basis though.

"2709 D5389 Blue small yellow panels as LMR allocated engine"Now that will get the credit card out!

Oh no. That could become an investment choice if it happens

Guest 40-something

"2709 D5389 Blue small yellow panels as LMR allocated engine"Now that will get the credit card out!

There are a couple of pics on Brush Veterans flickr site of said loco passing through Dundee in a very despicable state...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59835095@N02/6262969369/in/set-72157627936919488

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59835095@N02/6262965309/in/set-72157627936919488/

Marvellous!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finding it hard to obtain certain 27's and 26's at the moment particularly the GFYE versions. I think Heljan should do another run of the blue and green 27's and some more green 26's models.

I wonder if the Danes will consider sound fitted loco's soon?

Was a 26 every painted in the blue with small yellow panels combo?

Cheers

post-4697-0-69322600-1328977626.jpg

Also now planned with the current tooling is 2710 D5381 GSYP, such is the demand for a LMR GSYP version

Looking through Brush veteran's pics on flickr, and it seems that the LMR 27s if repainted lost the green band over the window area that seperated white from the roof grey, the roof grey being painted down to the meet the window area white paint.

Was this official, or a lazy/quicker way of getting them through the shops and back out onto the road again? It looks cheap to me, compared to the original specification.

Also now planned with the current tooling is 2710 D5381 GSYP, such is the demand for a LMR GSYP version

BrushVeteran, do you know if these (particularly the English ones) are re-runs of the original tooling, i.e. identical to the first batch before the tablet catcher machines?

I don't know if Hj have two body tools - a non-catcher body and a recess fitted body.

I don't know if Hj have two body tools - a non-catcher body and a recess fitted body.

I think they do J, given that the engine room windows are correctly positioned on the recess-fitted model, but not on the other (obviously open to correction by Grahame on this).

Wishful thinking more like - that it might be a progressive change to the tooling, i.e. fixed this time round.

TBH, I think it's something that is verrry hard to notice; I suppose it might stand out more if you double-headed one type with t'other.

When did 'not particualrly need one' stop anyone from buying another Type 2! (Scottish region staple diet) Go on Jamie, you know you want to!

Get thee behind me Santa! ;)

(actually, I rather fancy a Haymarket 26/0 instead for a change, I can get one to Stranraer post '65, so why not just before... if anybody spots a cheap green one, you know where I am)

Archived