This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Why do my posts sometimes get lost

38c

1st thing... Do you remember which forum you posted them in? Was it the correct one? (This topic would have been better posted in Forum Help for instance). It's not correct to assume they're lost, they will be somewhere.

2ndly... Click on the drop down menu denoted by the small arrow to the right of your login name at the top right. Click on Find posts or Find topics and it will show you where all of your posts or topics are in reverse chronological order.

Hi OK followed what you said but no luck nothing. Also the arrow is white not yellow if that makes a difference. The last missing post was in musings yesterday but i've lost others when replying to posts.

• RMweb Gold
The last missing post was in musings yesterday

Hi,

Posts in the Musings forum are subject to approval, and may be deleted -- according to the note on the forum, see: http://www.rmweb.co....ngs-miscellany/

It's better to post them somewhere else if you possibly can.

regards,

Martin.

So why dont you send a message if you delay a post. It didnt contain any thing improper ?

The following is displayed in that forum area prior to you posting:

Unfortunately we cannot necessarily move the topic to the right area (and perform a service to avoid using this area as a dumping ground) and the topic may be deleted without further notification.

We're also still concerned about the content itself.

I thought that this was the best place to post this subject. What would have been the best place to post it? Also do you want proof of what im saying before you will post it.This issue was of interest to many modellers and by with holding it you being judge and jury.

Dave

This issue was of interest to many modellers and by with holding it you being judge and jury.

The issue was raised in a potentially inflammatory way, some of the facts may also be inaccurate and are being verified.

• RMweb Gold

This issue was of interest to many modellers and by with holding it you being judge and jury.

That's the point of Moderators, on this or any other list. They operate with the list owner's empowerment to ensure the list remains a tranquil and constructive place.

Judge and jury? Sure. Suits me.

Hi . I did not or for that matter do not consider any thing I said was written to start problems.What I said was true and can be confirmed by paperwork I am holding. I posted yesterday evening so I shall refrain from commenting until 24hours have passed. This will give the moderators a chance to contact the press office of the said companies.

I still think the moderator is acting as judge and jury.These guys never took part in ballot or did I miss lay my voting paper

I still think the moderator is acting as judge and jury.These guys never took part in ballot or did I miss lay my voting paper

Hi. Nor did you enter into anything that bound us to act as your unpaid arbitrators or errand boys. One thing is certain though, your sarcasm here will not bring out the best in us.

Cheers.

I shall refrain from commenting until 24hours have passed.? 

I'd ask that you didn't seek to re-post the content until such time as I give the go-ahead (if at all given that attitude) and not based on your self-determined time frames. I happen to have more pressing matters over the next 72 hours than run around on your behalf.

• RMweb Premium

I'd ask that you didn't seek to re-post the content until such time as I give the go-ahead (if at all given that attitude) and not based on your self-determined time frames. I happen to have more pressing matters over the next 72 hours than run around on your behalf.

Well said Andy.

Terry

• RMweb Gold
These guys never took part in ballot or did I mislay my voting paper

Hi Dave,

There is no ballot because this web site is not a public service or publicly funded. It's the private property of Andy York. Access to it is therefore solely on his terms -- you do not have the right to access it or post to it, or to have any say in how it is run.

If you are not happy about that, the proper solution is to start a forum of your own. I can recommend UltraBB from Data 1 Systems. $12 per month all-in ready to go including hosting (about ??8 per month), and excellent service and support: http://www.ultrabb.net/pricing.php

Of course it will take a long time to build anything comparable with RMweb.

regards,

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

There is no ballot because this web site is not a public service or publicly funded. It's the private property of Andy York. Access to it is therefore solely on his terms -- you do not have the right to access it or post to it, or to have any say in how it is run.

If you are not happy about that, the proper solution is to start a forum of your own. I can recommend UltraBB from Data 1 Systems. $12 per month all-in ready to go including hosting (about ??8 per month), and excellent service and support: http://www.ultrabb.net/pricing.php

Of course it will take a long time to build anything comparable with RMweb.

regards,

Martin.

Ace response to this dubious individual, Martin!

Archived