3D Printed Warwell... R&R 45t Crane, ICI Hopper, Biomass & others

Hello Ben,

Cheers for your post, I hadn't realised Genesis had stopped making those ramps/cradles. I have never been able to find enough information on them to do them satisfactorily. I do intend to return to the Warwells at some point as I now have a lot more info to hand, so I shall consider these.

Glad to hear the wagons are generating interest, I have never seen any of my OO gauge designs running on a exhibition layout that I haven't been operating. Can I ask the name of your layout, and if you have any photos please?

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Hi,

I have 1 of your side loading containers, 3 x PFAs working in two mixed consists and a Warflat on the way, that will probably be loaded with a FV432 until I can sort out a cradle for the Warrior I've made. The layout is called Cottleston, but unfortunately amongst all the poctures I have there isn't one with the PFAs on it. I'll try and rectify that the next time I get it out, it's boxed up at the moment while I work on its successor.

Cheers,

Ben.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Wild Boar Fell,

I will be putting in an order for a couple of 4mm Scale Warwells very soon. I am not sure what the demand would be like, but have you considered making a few of the components for a non-self propelled crane, based on the Warwell Chassis? Such as those here? 

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brtwinjibcrane

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brtwinjibcrane/h7d67e60#h1b6d8c30

I was thinking basic parts like cab, boom/jib etc, with some of the other parts left to the modeller to add (handrails, wires, hooks etc)? I for one would be keen for some parts, not sure if anyone else out there is?

I thought perhaps it would complement the R&R recovery crane, and makes use of some existing products :)

Many thanks, Happy New Year!

James

Hello James,

Thanks for your post, I did originally consider producing these as a kit when I first designed the warwells. However I stopped it when I couldn't find sufficient information on them.

I still intend to 'Retool' the Warwells at some point as they were my first kit and I reckon I could improve them (thanks in part to me now having a copy of some works GA's for these that show the rivet detail amongst other details), at this point I will consider which of the Warwell derivatives it is worth producing (such as the cranes, and the two versions of bolster wagons etc).

I shall post on here any progress I make.

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone who has one of my cranes on order (Unless placed since the beginning of this year), you should hopefully have received an email about them today.

Batch 3 will be ready to ship this coming weekend.

For anyone who wants to see some of the projects covered in this thread, built to a higher standard than I have: here are a few current builds to look at.

KH's Complete Cordon Rebuilt: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92290-khs-wagon-and-coach-bodgings-gwr-provender-wagon-wild-boar-models-cordon-dd4/page-2

RS4's Gypsum Giant: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67720-examples-of-my-weathering/page-37

B15nac's Rapid Ransome & Rapier:http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/93926-45-ton-ransome-and-rapier-crane-wr/

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

P.s. I appear to have received some new drawings. :paint:

Edited by Wild Boar Fell

• 2 weeks later...

Okay as promised, something new (sort of)

A modified design of my PDUK Chassied PXA bogie box that I abandoned about a year back. Now its back but with integral sides and a more solid chassis (and cheaper).

I am hoping to have a rake of these (with some scratch built JNA's and the printed sheerness PXA/JXA's) running for the debut of our new club layout 'Arley Dale' at the Warrington Show (Shameless Plug) in October. For the show these will be running on off the shelf Bachmann Y25 bogies instead of my printed GP25's which they should have. I also still need to have a crack at buffers for these.

Body

attachicon.gif20140910_224143.jpg

Chassis

attachicon.gif20140911_212801.jpg

Both

attachicon.gif20140911_213220.jpg

For comparison

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55938574@N03/10024752566

Also by swapping the chassis I will be able to build some more JNA's (GERS 4400) too.

Whether I will be able to produce the PDUK PXA Steel hoods remains to be seen.

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/pdufcoilpxa/h22811c5c#h22811c5c

Wild Boar Fell

Hi wild boar

Are these available yet for purchasing?

Nik

Edited by Deltic Man

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Nik,

Unfortunately these are not yet available.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that some drawings had arrived, these are for my next main (Kit) project, which will follow the PHV hoppers.

The below wagons are next in the drawing queue after work for a client. But can anyone work out what they are?

post-13109-0-73114500-1423509989_thumb.jpg

post-13109-0-67815800-1423509991_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Hello Nik,

Unfortunately these are not yet available.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that some drawings had arrived, these are for my next main (Kit) project, which will follow the PHV hoppers.

The below wagons are next in the drawing queue after work for a client. But can anyone work out what they are?

attachicon.gif20150209_191614.jpg

attachicon.gif20150209_191836.jpg

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

The BR / Diaper Latex tankers?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi WBF - I have sent this query to your website contact page, but in case anyone else is interested:

I have ordered your Sheerness Steel PXA wagon skeleton and bogies/buffers, but the link page says I need 12.6mm disc wheels. I cannot find 12.6mm, only 12 or 14 mm. Is this an error, or does 12.6mm exist somewhere please?

thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

In light of recent price rises by Shapeways, and a recent announcement regarding a RTR model of the same prototype, no more of my R&R 45t Breakdown Crane kits will be produced.

I don't think I could justify increasing the kit by a further £15+ to cover the new WSF pricing structure. 

I will also be contacting Bachmann shortly to offer my resources and assistance with the development of their RTR Model.

If anyone is still interested I have a very small stock of the kits left in both LNER (2) and SR (2) flavours (Although I do have a spare GWR Match wagon so can convert one to GWR).

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

• 3 weeks later...

Think I am making a bit of a habit of this:

1. BR Warflat (Announced by Bachmann)
  2. BR FFA/FGA (Announced by Bachmann)
  3. 80's 20ft Containers (Announced by C-Rail)
  4. R&R 45t Crane (Announced by Bachmann)
  5. ICI Limestone Hoppers (Announced by Hattons/Oxford Rail)
  6. RTR Loco project 1 (To be Announced shortly by another manufacturer)

Wild Boar Fell