Anyone from the Wealdon Area Group?

The Nth Degree

hi nth degree,

I am also a member of the group and I am hoping to go along to the next meeting so I many see you there. Following on from the small tank engine you were considering, Richard who runs the group is designing a manning wardle to a slightly different scale but using 2mm track and wheel standards and 9.42mm gauge.

may well see you at the next meeting, come along you would be more than welcome : )

Cheers

Guy

I'm really looking forward to meeting you both. I have a whole load of new tools that I don't know what to do with so I'll bring those along so I can be enlightened.

Itching to join the 2mm Scale Assoc. to get a few wagon kits but I'd like to practice a bit of soldering first.

Hope to see you and David there. Do I need to bring biscuits?

It's probably worth sending your application off to join the 2mm Association now - it took a couple of weeks to process mine as I recall, and this time of year is a good time to join (for the normal price of £20 for a year's membership you will get membership to 31 March 2013). Copy of the application form here.

You can always order a couple of suitable kits then start practising on the spare brass from the etches before you try the real thing. Or you could pick up one of the "starter" kits from a local show if the 2mm Roadshow is there (I know the 16 ton mineral wagon that is included isn't very appropriate for your layout, but it's a chance to experiment and not worry about spoiling it)..

No need to bring biscuits (there's a cafe nearby) - unless you want to start a new tradition...

David

Thanks David, I will send the form on Friday. I probably won't be able to place an order with my membership form, I guess?

I've already made a list of what I'm starting out with then I'll compliment those with David E's wonderful brake vans when they come back in stock and Stuart Bailey's cracking W2 cattle wagon - if he ever releases the etch commercially.

Thanks David, I will send the form on Friday. I probably won't be able to place an order with my membership form, I guess?

No, the order needs to go to the appropriate shopkeeper, and I don't think you know his address until you receive your first newsletter/magazine (latest one arrived today), and you will also need to quote your membership number (which you won't know until you receive the reply to your application form) with your order.

I don't know of any way to short-circuit the system, though there may be one.

David

Archived