TMD Models MGWR E Class Kit

Neil

There's one of these kits for the MGWR E Class 0-6-0 tanks available on e-bay at the moment. With three days to go it stands at just over a fiver. I should at this point state that the seller Nick is a friend of mine, but if anyone is going to get a bargain I'd rather it was a modeller who would build the kit.

Does anyone know of TMD Models, are they still in business, anyonehave experince of building one of their kits?

Does anyone know of TMD Models, are they still in business, anyonehave experince of building one of their kits?

The MGWR tank appears to be available from Studio Scale Models http://homepage.eircom.net/~studioscale/ .

The kit dates from the early 1980s and makes up into quite a nice model. I built one about 20 years ago which still runs reasonably well with a fairly basic set up using a DS10 Motor, 40:1 gearing and compensation.

The original brass chassis was a bit unusual with slotted bearing cut outs to take a top hat or slotted axle brush. I built my loco with a compensated chassis using Mike Sharman Flexichassis bearings and beam compensation.

Later kits were supplied with a much stiffer etched nickle silver chassis.

John

• 5 months later...

Archived