A showcase of 2mm layouts.

Kris

• RMweb Premium

Across RMweb there are lots of different 2mm layouts and 2mm stock collection threads and blogs.

If you have one or more why not add a link to it on here

Avonwick - Layout - Based in South Devon

My 2mm stock construction workbench.

In my case both of these are currently rather dormant but you never know what might change!

Good idea Kris - perhaps if/when the thread drops down the page it could be pinned.

First on the list has to be Missy's Highclere blog.

Scattered around the site are the various projects of bcnPete -

coombe junction - moorswater (which also includes "Kyle in a boxfile")

moorswater viaduct 2FS (for the 2011 diorama competition)

Kyle out of the boxfile

Paddock Wood in a boxfile

Not much activity recently, but Mitziblue's Witney Euston and Steve Bedding's Smokey Bacon layouts should be included.

An impressive newcomer is Ian Lister with his Berwick, Tweed Dock and Spittal Railway in layout topics.

More active is Richard Brummitt with his Littlemore blog.

As well as a layout blog for Kettleness, 2mm Andy has a blog for his Random Ramblings.

More Ramblings from Ian Smith, a returning lapsed 2mm modeller (?)

NigelB has a blog for his Grandborough layout.

Backofanenvelope has a blog covering railway modelling in various gauges, mostly 2mmFS.

Bryn has a blog covering his Colwyn Bay Goods layout.

Tony Simms' Brafferton blog seems to have gone quiet currently whilst moving house.

My own blog of the Gingerbread Line may one day cover a layout but currently concentrates on building wagons for it.

More to come later (perhaps...)

David

Nick Bastable has blogs on an engine for line no 4 and the Canterbury 2mm area group layout.

Russ (mines a pint) chronicled his excursion into 2mm FS on layout topics here and as a blog here.

Chrislock has a blog for his Old Trent layout, and a Little Midland topic for his scratchbuilding, and an external website here.

Sithlord has his external blog here, covering various N and 2mm FS projects.

Anthony Yeates has his external blog here, mostly covering his boxfile shunting layout.

There's an ever-changing list of links to 2mm FS blogs on the Association website which (as you should already know) is here.

David

Some projects from 2mm modellers that got me interested in 2FS again include

Liverpool Lime St Diorama - never finished and partly deleted, by the looks of it

St Ruth

Is it really worth putting stuff on RMWeb? Several excellent layouts aren't on RMWeb at all, as far as I can see, like...

Fencehouses

Copenhagen Fields has no site as far as I can see.

Copenhagen Fields can be found on the MRC site here.

The mention of St Ruth reminds me that there was an accompanying blog by D869 called Hydraulic Heaven, covering the layout South Yard.

There's a blog by Lisa covering the Hundred of Chagford Tramway.

Another 2011 Challenge entry is 2FS Nuclear Flask Unloading Facility by Rammstein 2609.

For the 2010 Challenge, Trevor H built a 2mm Layout based in South Wales.

John Brenchley has a blog for his Tavistock GWR layout.

Another diorama by Weekday Cross, in the layout topic forum under the name of Dover or not, but unfortunately nearly all the photo links appear to be dead.

David

[edit added Hundred of Chagford Tramway and subsequent entries]

Chrislock has a blog for his Old Trent layout, and a Little Midland topic for his scratchbuilding, and an external website here.

David

I should point out that the Ashwich thing is N gauge and has been sittin gon my wardrobe for the last 2 years gathering dust.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/301-chriss-blog-oldtrent/

My blog does occasionally get a post though and is 2FS.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Great idea Kris

Thanks David for gathering all my stuff spread around on here (I like the term Kyle out of the boxfile!)

A very nice collection of material we have gathering here...

• 2 weeks later...

Another new layout to add here: Box in a box, a new blog by scanman about a 2mm GWR testbed.

If successful, I presume that a full layout blog will follow, converting Upton Dene to 2mm.

David

Hi David -

Thanks for the mention - and yes 'Upton Dene' will eventually have it's own blog (don't want it to feel left out!). That's somewhat down the line as I have 'Box' and 'Ambridge (4mm/EM) to get running first. Still with retirement about 6 weeks away (hate to rub it in :sungum: ) I should have plenty of time!

Congratulations to Khris for putting the suggestion up in the first place!

Regs to all,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived