Sprinter 150/2

Dunmar

Hi,

I want to change the 'branding' on my Bachmann 150/2 to SCOTRAIL with the small 'apostrophy' intercity logo to the right and slightly above. I cannot find any reference to this marking - all I have found is the later SCOTRAIL with the 'whoosh' symbol or 'SPRINTER'.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,Bill. :)

Bill your question's a bit obtuse - I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

I recall a logo as applied to the Scotrail/Regional Rlys 374xx (forget which one) and I think also it was on the 158s in original EXPRESS livery?

I never came across a 150 in those days, always 156s in my neck of the woods and I'm 98% sure those didn't have any Scotrail branding until the "whoosh" symbols appeared.

Guest Max Stafford

I think he might mean the style as seen on the 'Bathgate' units in 1986, I'm sure I saw these in Waverley back then with 'ScotRail' in a smaller font above the bodyside stripe near the cab-end, but inward of the front door.

Dave.

Hi, :rolleyes:

Many thanks for the replies - South-side of the Clyde and to Dave - right on the'button' I have posted a pic of the type of 'branding' as found on the early SCOTRAIL 108 DMU's- (LIMA model).

Regards Bill.

post-3775-1260298170767_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I want to change the 'branding' on my Bachmann 150/2 to SCOTRAIL with the small 'apostrophy' intercity logo to the right and slightly above. I cannot find any reference to this marking - all I have found is the later SCOTRAIL with the 'whoosh' symbol or 'SPRINTER'.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,Bill. :)

You're best bet will be to check with Fox Transfers, the scotrail branding that you are asking about was applied to the class 150/2s in conjunction with their repaint into Regional Railways livery. The Scotrail branding was used in replacement for the normal Regional Railways branding that was applied on the units in other regions.

There is a good chance that the scotrail branding will either be part of a Regional Railways set of transfers or maybe even a seperate scotrail set but make sure that it is for post 1994ish.

hope this helps

bry

Fox Transfers do that logo in two sizes :

F4246 ScotRail (Regional-Railways style) Logos with apostrophic double arrows and Linking devices (smaller size).

F4247 ScotRail (Regional-Railways style) Logos with apostrophic double arrows and Linking devices (larger size)

Not sure which one applies to the units though - I assume the smaller ones are for coaches but I may be wrong :blush:

Andy B)

Hi :)

Thanks guys for the info - I have gone ahead and removed the original branding from my 150/2 and it now carries ScotRail. I knew Fox did the decal but I have a strange 'knack' of producing my own.

Cheers, Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All B)

Have made other changes to Bachmann 150/2 - corridor connections have been added along with replacement destination - now reads 'Queen St.' Have also made a start on light 'weathering'. Will post pics of completed model.

Cheers, Bill

post-3775-12616071981735_thumb.jpg

post-3775-1261607218388_thumb.jpg

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info and links -when I saw the first pic thought I'd got it wrong - till I saw the second one. It was quite easy to remove body to fit new destination. Once inside be careful how you remove the cab interior!!!!!! there is a seperate glazing that holds the destination in place but it comes away quite easy. My destination was done using Photoshop and printed onto photo paper and then cut to size and a small amount of UHU to keep it in place.The route chosen was Queeen St. at one end and Mallaig at the other in anticipation of my next layout.

Have a Merry Xmas :)

Bill.

Hi Bill,

An interesting project this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I didn't realise 150s were ScotRail-branded in this way.

Another interesting idea for personalising my 150s on Waverley West has just been added to my list of projects!

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Bill,

An interesting project this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I didn't realise 150s were ScotRail-branded in this way.

Another interesting idea for personalising my 150s on Waverley West has just been added to my list of projects!

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Dave :)

I have long been an admirer of 'Waverley West' and should have got round to telling you before now! Seems you and I read from the same book. The photography of some of the loco's in action are superb. Can't get enough.

Cheers. Bill

Archived