Grasstech UK issues

mofinn

Hello Guys

Anyone here had any contact with Grasstech UK , I bought one of their static grass applicators a month ago

They took my money immediately but as yet I have not received the item or an e-mail stating that the order has been received by them.

I have sent 9 e-mails to 3 different contacts from their web-site but as yet havent had one reply , I am going to claim back through paypal but would like to know if anyone has had the same problem or indeed has received one of their products.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum be gentle to a newbie :-)

Cheers

Mo

I was about to post that they were in breach of the distance selling regulations by not displaying their address on the web site. However by digging very deep, and I mean very, you can actually get to their address in Gosport.

It may comply with the words but it could hardly be considered as complying with the spirit of the regulations.

This is it by the way:

GrassTech UK (Sales)

Suite B301, Sanderson Business Centre

Lees Lane

GOSPORT

Hampshire

PO12 3UL

t: 023 92 60 1367

• RMweb Gold

I ordered one at the end of December and paid by Paypal. I've had no response to my emails enquiring on the status of the order and when it might be shipped.

I've now opened a dispute through Paypal, after sitting with this also awaiting for any sort of communication from the vendor for a while its now been escalated to let Paypal deal with it.

Martin

Likewise, I've had a Grasstech II on order for a few weeks. I've been trying to contact them about a change of delivery address, tried both email addresses, got no response, phone number given on the US site for their address in Gosport doesn't seem to work either. I've noticed that a few areas of the website no longer function, including the order section, and some parts including the wholesale inquiry section are locked out, which doesn't really fill me with confidence. GrassTechs were still listed on eBay last night though.

Just wish I'd read the thread Mod5 links to above :(

• RMweb Premium

I have contacted GrassTech people a few times without problem, they do spend a lot of time at the shows and I wonder if they have let things slip back at home base. I have their machine which is superb and has a nice funnel attachment for small areas, I saw them at Leamington the other week and I believe they have changed the name of their Grasstech 2 applicator to 'Flockit' :scratchhead:

Thanks for the replys guys - looks like I am not the only one . I suppose they may have let things slip but I have sent around 9 e-mails over the last 2 weeks you would think one of them would be picked up . Just checked the web site and as someone said a lot of it is not working . Looks like I will have to open a dispute with paypal

Shame really as the product looked fantastic at a great price

again thanks guys

Mo

• RMweb Gold

Mine took a few weeks to arrive but they did warn me that would be the case when I ordered it at a show as they had (and showed me) a list of orders they had taken that day. Payment upfront is not necessarily my idea of the way traders should work but it was their terms of business and i wished to buy their product so I paid up, and waited. But they did deliver.

• RMweb Gold

I have contacted GrassTech people a few times without problem, they do spend a lot of time at the shows and I wonder if they have let things slip back at home base. I have their machine which is superb and has a nice funnel attachment for small areas, I saw them at Leamington the other week and I believe they have changed the name of their Grasstech 2 applicator to 'Flockit' :scratchhead:

Thats John Lloyd of Green Scene 'Flockit'.He's based in Worcester so its not the same company as Grastech.

Hi, We at Green Scene, after repeated problems with Mr Cobb of grassTech. Have disassociated ourselves from him and produce our own device,which we have called Flockit. Any device that has been ordered through the internet and paid for with Paypal is nothing to do with us. Mr Cobb WILL be persued legally, as he has stolen our domain name....Green-scene.co.uk and also is using images and video content that is ours. Obviously i can't force you to buy from us, but i can assure you we ALWAYS deliver!!!! We have been trading for twenty three years without any problems, until we met this man and got completeley conned!!!!

John at Green Scene mentioned this issue to me at the weekend and prompted by his posting I have just made some investigations and spoken to John again.

On the basis of that information I would recommend in the strongest terms that readers are duly wary of entering into any transaction with Grasstech International Ltd, Solent Solutions Ltd, ebay seller grass-tech, grasstech.info and suggest that they carry out their own research before making a decision.

This concerns matters which will now need to follow legal processes so I am unable to publicly comment further.

Further to the above actions have already started to happen thankfully.

It's also relevant to advise that John is setting up a new website which will be accessible at http://www.green-scene.co in due course. I can recommend John's products having dealt with him for several years and he is of course a well known (not so pretty) face around the exhibition circuit.

• RMweb Gold

Paypal refunded my money today, I guess it was a straightforward finding in my favour as there was a total lack of communication in response to Paypal's requests for details/response from the seller. Incidentally the Paypal account name of the seller was George Morby rather than Mr Cobb, although it had been ordered through the Grasstech website.

I will be contacting John shortly to spend my refund on his product.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend Johns products at green scene, whilst I made my own grass tool for about £5 which works well his grass mixes are excellent. I spent a long time at York show looking at everything available and his colours just seem so much more realistic and blended to give good colours. I have used them on Rannoch if you want to see the results.

Thanks

Mark

Paul Cobb has put a note up on the http://www.green-scene.co.uk/ site explaining his position on the Grass Tech. I don't share his views on the standard of his customer service, and there's no explanation as to why parts of the Grass Tech website suddenly stopped working or why all channels of communication were shut down. I've now got my money back from PayPal so I'm looking for a static grass applicator elsewhere.

Archived