Slipe Lane. 80s/90s Small Diesel Layout

oggy1953

• 3 weeks later...

Time to bump this topic as there is only 8 days to go before its debut at the Epping Exhib in Theydon Bois, Essex. Spent today cleaning the wheels of the stock. I now have 13 sound fitted diesels which should be more than enough to annoy surrounding exhibitors. Still amazed that people complain, although i can understand SWMBO when i have 3 class 20s running during Eastenders. Will prepare the layout for moving on Tuesday and load into my van Friday ready to set up that evening. I haven't done much more scenery wise just added a few more details and a bit more weathering. If any of you guys are visiting our Exhib please come and say hello as it will be nice to put faces to names.....Regards Peter.

Well, the layout is now ready for loading into my van tomorrow and be taken to the Epping Railway Exhibition. Have to say i'm a little nervous but i'm sure it will be OK on the day. Will post some piccys and a report after the weekend...Peter

Oh well , just back from its first Exhibition at Epping. Thankfully all went well, no real problems just a couple of vac pipes and one coupling falling off. Picked up another couple of bookings ( paper work pending ) so that has pleased me. Will spend the coming week cleaning wheels and re-settting up the layout in my spare room. Now for an early night.....Peter

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter, I saw your layout at the Epping model railway show, I didn't realise it was on Rmweb. It looked fantastic, and certainly while I was there it was getting a fair bit of attention.

Well done

Owen

Hi Peter, I saw your layout at the Epping model railway show, I didn't realise it was on Rmweb. It looked fantastic, and certainly while I was there it was getting a fair bit of attention.

Well done

Owen

Many thanks for the kind comment, pity you didn't say hello. IF you see it again please say hi.....Peter

Hi Peter

I've loved the Photos and the progress of this small layout and its many liviers and DCC Sound Loco via all the YouTube Clip have been great to watch and here the sounds of the loco that you run on this great little layout...

Great work, Great Photos,Great YouTube Clips and Great Progress Peter and great to see and look at...

Jamie

Hi Peter

I've loved the Photos and the progress of this small layout and its many liviers and DCC Sound Loco via all the YouTube Clip have been great to watch and here the sounds of the loco that you run on this great little layout...

Great work, Great Photos,Great YouTube Clips and Great Progress Peter and great to see and look at...

Jamie

Jamie. Thats very kind. Not sure where abouts in the country you live but 'Slipe Lane' will be at Watford Exhibition next May, Sheredes School in July and probably Enfield Whitewebs next September if you want to see/hear it in the flesh. Regards Peter..

• 3 weeks later...

Was sent some pictures taken of our recent Exhibition ( Epping Railway Circle ) from the local Guardian paper. Thought i would post one of 'Slipe Lane' on here as i can't get this quality with my camera. OH i'm afraid the picture makes me look old as i'm only 21 really.

post-7214-0-33823800-1354746691.jpg

Archived