4 CIG for Newhaven Harbour

Just a few pictures of 'Shoreham power station' to keep everyone amused:

post-8139-0-72272800-1350498706_thumb.jpg

post-8139-0-52168000-1350498741_thumb.jpg

post-8139-0-19004000-1350498914_thumb.jpg

I am rather disturbed by the 'object' that I have just spotted laying by the ground signal, it must be something that has fallen off one of these EMUs - drat. I will have to go back to the workshop and have a look.

The 2 HAP in the siding to the left, witht the route '28' headcode, is the one that will be converted to a dummy unit. It will have its motor bogie and pick-up bogie (in the modelling sense, the bogie that picks up power on the motor coach) transferred to the new Tin HAL unit that is being built. Given that a method of magentically coupling the resultant motorless model to the powered 2 HAP, it should look like this:

post-8139-0-53080800-1350499150_thumb.jpg

Hmm. this last photo should probably be one the Layout topic!

Colin

(Edit: The item on the trackbed turned out to be an 'arc-chute from one of the HAPs. No damage to the 4 CIG luckily.)

I do like the second from the top Colin. From platform level, you'd have the signals in the way, but with each unit on the blocks it would make a fantastic picture; pure Southern Region - shades of the Waterloo approaches, my early frame of reference on matters Southern from trips up to London from Somerset as a child.

Adam

• RMweb Premium

The railway knew it as Shoreham power station, too. Wagons of coal at Norwood were destined for "Shoreham Elec B" on the morning yard position.

Hi Ian

Are you sure? The coal delivery to Brighton power station was by ship, there was no dockside tracks at Shoreham Harbour. I have just double checked on Old Maps http://www.old-maps.co.uk/index.html in case they had been removed before I was there in 1973.

• RMweb Premium

Just a few pictures of 'Shoreham power station' to keep everyone amused:

edited

Hmm. this last photo should probably be one the Layout topic!

Colin

(Edit: The item on the trackbed turned out to be an 'arc-chute from one of the HAPs. No damage to the 4 CIG luckily.)

Hi Colin

Photos of your modelling can go anywhere you wish to put them as we all enjoy seeing them. They are excellent images of very good modelling.

Loving the pix Colin.

Making my Titanic struggles with ancient Ian Kirk "Monster" , "Giant" and "Python" kits look pathetic. :boast:

Hi Lofty,

It wasn't the idea of this topic to make anyone think their work looked pathetic. A lot of time was spent correcting things and changing parts for improved ones: changing corridor connection shrouds, throwing away a set of gangway ends, re-making the MBSO's power bogie brake rigging, moving all the roof ventilators, having to extend the roof overhangs, throwing away one complete set of sides etc., etc.,..........

Now if you'd seen the model built with all the bits that were rejected or uncorrected, the photos might have not been so inspiring!

Colin

So you are mortal after all Colin.....shattered my illusions !

Its the end result that counts and you deserve a huge pat on the back for your accomplishments.

You really have captured the feel and atmosphere of those EMU's.

Just some of the ammunition found / experienced.............

Desiro shoes

Eurostar shoes

EE507 traction motor brushgear covers

water filler flaps from Desiros

crew door button covers from 159's

coal

seat cushions - the three seat version from VEP.s being particularly notable...

various pieces of fairing / traction equipment cover

axlebox covers

the fibreglass section of 455 roof covering the roof to coach end joint (yes - more than one of these) and sharp as a knife..........

it's hell out there :rolleyes:

Archived