7mm buses?

cromptonnut

How about a 1/24 bus placed at the front then?!

Very shaky maybe if one only took photos of the layout from odd angles with a very flat focus camera and never looked at it with one's eyes :)

I would love a 1:24 bus but what guage trains would go with it? American 14mm?

• RMweb Gold

Very shaky maybe if one only took photos of the layout from odd angles with a very flat focus camera and never looked at it with one's eyes :)

I would love a 1:24 bus but what guage trains would go with it? American 14mm?

Probably Gauge 3. I see Kingscale is offering a gauge 3 Britannia live steam only £4895 I am sure SWMBO wouldn't mind ( you bet she wouldn't!)

Don

• 8 years later...
On 07/02/2012 at 20:36, cromptonnut said:

I am trying to find a British single decker bus in 7mm, 1970's ish, and can't seem to find anything such as the Leyland National. Ideal would be something in Southern or Western National colours where I only need to change the route number and destination.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Old thread I know but SBT development do a resin Leyland National, albeit I personally think it needs some fettling based on the pictures 

https://www.sbtdevelopments.com/product-page/leyland-national-10-3mtr

Looks like an awful lot of fettling to me!

You may be better of scratchbuilding since none of the die cast manufacturers seem remotely interested in producing buses in this scale. That said Oxford Diecast fo a very nice 1:43 Weyman Fanfare

Paul r

• Like 1

2 hours ago, birdseyecircus said:

Ixo produce a number of 1/43 buses mostly European but there is a Bedford OB, AEC regal & AEC Regent. I think Hattons listed the the Regent.

Prices on Ebay are around £35ish Mark.

There are also a number of familiar trucks produced by IXO 

Paul

Although I don't currently need a bus but it would be great if IXO produced a National or similar in the future, their trucks are excellent and are great basis for modification into different types of lorry. 

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Looks like an awful lot of fettling to me!

You may be better of scratchbuilding since none of the die cast manufacturers seem remotely interested in producing buses in this scale. That said Oxford Diecast fo a very nice 1:43 Weyman Fanfare

Paul r

Scratch building would be a fun if not challenging project although I guess a 3d print would be do-able these days.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

5 hours ago, pwr said:

They possibly weren't interested historically but in a relatively short space of time we've had the 4 mentioned and the RT is actually two tools - closed and open top. You wouldn't expect them to flood the market with loads all in one go so perfectly possible we will see more new ones trickle through.

For what its worth I'd like a Southampton City AEC Regent V rear entrance but I think that might be stretching things.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 37114 said:

Although I don't currently need a bus but it would be great if IXO produced a National or similar in the future, their trucks are excellent and are great basis for modification into different types of lorry. 

Scratch building would be a fun if not challenging project although I guess a 3d print would be do-able these days.  

You will have to wait a bit until 3D prices come down. You are possibly looking at £50 for a body shell alone.

3 hours ago, pwr said:

I've got one of these Bedford OB's - see my Notley thread - and would like to change it to an Eastern national version but I cant seem to find any 7mm bus transfers.

Rare as hens teeth

Paul R

There are quite a few people who make transfers to order. Or if you have a printer how about making your own?

8 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

You will have to wait a bit until 3D prices come down. You are possibly looking at £50 for a body shell alone.

There are quite a few people who make transfers to order. Or if you have a printer how about making your own?

I am still getting used to the price of 7mm vehicles, the SBT national is £65 so £50 for a 3d print shell is not too bad even allowing extra for wheels etc and some diecast 1.76 buses are nudging £50.

Re transfers, I agree there are a few custom guys out there who do them. My IXO Bedford TJ project is using transfers I have designed and sized then Jo at  Steadfast models is converting to the right format then printing for me.

• Like 1

Not 70' more late 80's and more a Coach rather than a bus, but this is a reworked Hachette 1:43 coach. National Express is the re-worked one, and the Dutch original behind. I really need to crack on with the other one and finish converting the interior from left hand drive to right. 

1302835587_BUS9.jpg.31c1662740d62c63a1e4367c300bc446.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

28 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Not 70' more late 80's and more a Coach rather than a bus, but this is a reworked Hachette 1:43 coach. National Express is the re-worked one, and the Dutch original behind. I really need to crack on with the other one and finish converting the interior from left hand drive to right. 

1302835587_BUS9.jpg.31c1662740d62c63a1e4367c300bc446.jpg

That looks excellent!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

A Bova Future I think - we had one at Geoff Amos coaches in Daventry in '87 when I was a fitter driver there, together with two Bova Europas .  My motor was a Bedford Caetano......   

Edited by Giles
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Giles said:

A Bova Future I think - we had one at Geoff Amos coaches in Daventry in '87 when I was a fitter driver there, together with two Bova Europas .  My motor was a Bedford Caetano......   

Yep, definitely a Bova Futura. As an aside my local bus company bought a load of MAN buses when Geoff Amos stopped trading. The buses have gone now but they have kept the personalised plate AM05BUS which has been round a few buses and is now on an ADL Enviro 200.

• Like 2

Well this thread being resurrected last week seems quite apt. Citibus Models have announced the following:

Will be releasing the following model bus kits of 5 buses in 1:43 scale put on O gauge model railways.

Leyland National MK1 and MK2 long and short

Bristol Lodekka FLF

MCW Orion

Bristol VR

Nothing on the website at the moment but probably worth keeping an eye:

Citibus Models

CItibus Facebook Page

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 13/11/2020 at 07:19, 37114 said:

Old thread I know but SBT development do a resin Leyland National, albeit I personally think it needs some fettling based on the pictures 

https://www.sbtdevelopments.com/product-page/leyland-national-10-3mtr

I see SBT have remastered their Leyland National and it is now 3d Printed and 11m version (Ignore the first header picture it is the old model)

https://www.sbtdevelopments.com/product-page/11-mtr-leyland-national

Edited by 37114
Clarity
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, D6775 said:

It does look a lot better but I shall wait till I have seen one in the flesh. 

I am leaning toward having a go at a 2 door long pod version when released so will post some photos as and when. As PWR says it is not perfect but I am willing to have a go at seeing what can be done... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 37114 said:

I am leaning toward having a go at a 2 door long pod version when released so will post some photos as and when. As PWR says it is not perfect but I am willing to have a go at seeing what can be done... 

I will be interested to follow your  build and see how it comes out

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...