Walstead Green - 00 Gauge Loft Layout

D86

The number of diesel traction on your lines is outstanding! :sungum: Good to see the Rat got in somewhere.
Very nice layout, I like your traction, scenery and I particularly like what you've done with the metcalf viaduct. It has allot of character in that position on the railway - Nice 'n' green towards the front, canal underneath with grubby water and a busy scene towards the back.

I'll become follower number 20

Cheers, Reece

• 1 month later...

Time for a little update and a Merry Christmas to all of the RM Web community!! Since the last update, I'm now fed up waiting for Dapol to release any more Catenary post's so I've made my own although I still need to do a little more work to them.

attachicon.gifDSC_8106 - Copy - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_8104 - Copy - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_8600 - Copy - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_8696 - Copy.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_9268 - Copy - Copy.J

All the best...Steve

Steve,

Nice layout; obviously an LMR fan!  You are probably not the only one to have given up on the Dapol catenary.  I have just had an article published in Model Rail 192 February 2014 on how to construct a simple catenary system using JV masts where the scratchbuilt catenary spans are about 900mm long and span 3 or 4 masts, how to fit it in tunnels and across baseboard joints.. The long catenary spans are good in way of pointwork by avoiding short individual lengths between each mast.

My system has been on my layout for 25 years, tested to a scale 100mph and is all portable having been fitted and removed for many exhibitions,  Why have an APT and not run it near to scale speeds!  Sommerfeldt and Viessmann masts could be used but the catenary wire is unique to each layout due to track formation and radius of curves.  Having said that, perhaps the new Dapol masts would be too flexible to use with my steel catenary wires with the pantograph in contact with the wire.

See further comments in the 'Media' section under 'Model Rail' headed 'Crewlisle Catenary in MR 192 February 2014'

‘Crewlisle’ will be appearing at this year’s Hornby Magazine’s Great Electric Train Show  in October and Warley NEC Show in 2015.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...