Giles

The End of The Line 0-14 and 0 GOES ON..........

Lovely stuff Giles, I particularly like the final scene looking along the track through the bridge.

Many thanks,

Dave.T

Absolutely superb Giles!

The modelling is amazing and I love the operationl side of it too. Your new layout has some quite amazing bits of animation which to me, give the whole thing a purpose other than running trains. I hope you will be updating this thread reguarly...

Missy :)

Wow, utterly stunning; I'm lost for words.

This deserves a link from the front pate as it should be seen and appreciated by everyone.

Thank you folks! I hope the tipping and conveyor isn't too trite.... But it does add purpose to the operation.

I confess that it started with the desire for somewhere to run the rc lorry, and grew from there, but wee'll see.

Extremely impressive Giles. I've admired The Loop from the magazine article - quite simple concept, but expertly modelled.

the long wall was a bit of a problem, potentially- but it was cast using Hydrocal onto a latex mold I had made ( with plastacine surrounding the edges), and with a piece of butter muslin laid on the back of it whilst still liquid for reinforcement. This gave me quite strong but thin sections of 'plaster' wall to play with

IMG_8248.jpg

Wall painted with base Coats only. It'll be finished later on in the scenic process

IMG_8286.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 3

Just to show I have been doing a bit on the layout......

The lower section is coming along, and is not so very far off,

IMG_86802.jpg

IMG_86762.jpg

IMG_86732.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

and a couple of new tippers.....

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 18

Thank you Sir! I love a bit of rust, myself!!!

I'm a big fan of the Loop, and this looks to be shaping up in an even better way. Awesome rust on the tippers.

Keep the piccies coming!

Just to show I have been doing a bit on the layout......

Wow - only just spotted this masterpiece.

Giles - some superb modelling here. I just love the most recent photos, especially the close-ups. And ........ count me in as another 'ruster'!

Keep up the great work.

Stephen

Thank you very much Gents...... Exceedingly kind - and I shall be very pleased indeed if I can even approach the sort of atmosphere that your layout has, Stephen....

Hi Giles,

Only just spotted this...

It's looking great!

I'm a fan of small layouts myself

You seem to have captured that overgrown, rusty, neglected look nicely

Nice to have the loading / unloading in there too....

Well done sir, and keep us posted :D

Cheers

Marc

Very, very nice Giles!

As mentioned above, the rusting tippers look great and I like the old rail sections.

Wow, possibly the best model I have seen for a while if not ever. Can you give any details about the RC van, ie construction etc.

Thanks

Matt

Thank you Ron - likewise your layouts are inspiring! (for anyone who's not discovered them yet , Bude Quay, and Osney Town..... Beautiful....)

genius! saw this on facebook via model rail and just had to check on here to make sure that this was shared with RM webbers! DO tell if you are going to exhibit anytime soon and let us know when it's going to be featured in Model Rail too!!