The End of The Line 0-14 and 0 GOES ON..........

Giles

• RMweb Premium

Well done Giles, a well deserved award.An excellent performance for a first outing.The constant crowds seemed impressed.

A few more operators, and RC vehicles, is a good idea for the future.

What can you do for us next year? :D

I'm absolutely delighted to say that The End of The Line won The David Lloyd Memorial Trophy at ExpoNG yesterday - a real honour, and genuine surprise...... So a big thank you to everyone involved!

The layout was very labour intensive to operate, but fun - and attracted constant interest with constant tipping, and the truck motoring around........ Future shows, we may need extra volunteer operators.

Giles

Many congratulations. Very well deserved for such a great looking layout. Perhaps you may get some invitations to exhibit a bit further west .......

Well done.

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much indeed Gents! ( shame I can't remember/work out how to embed the video - but never mind!)

Chris Nevard took some Stunning pics in September, so the Ens of The Line will be appearing in Model Rail some time next year .

There's SWING at Bognor, in May, the 7mm Association at Burton in June, Model Rails Model Rail Live at Barrow Hill in September, I think - and that's all I've confirmed, thus far.

Di (my wife) works a lot of week ends, so we can't do so very many.......

I've got it embedded for you now Giles and I have to say that's the most enjoyable bit of modelling video I've ever watched (and not just because I've had a play with the lorry!).

Simply superb.

• RMweb Gold

Stunning! Truly superb.

Please tell me that that was filmed “stop motion” style, frame by frame, like “Wallace and Gromit”?

If not then I’m going to have to rethink my own ideas a bit!

Thanks,

Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd mention that I've found a very nice lorry available in 1:43 - a Ford Trader, 1950's. I found it on EBay, £27 plus postage from Europe. Surprisingly, right-hand drive....

In all, a very nice model (a slight shame it's red, but never mind!)

This one will of course get radio gear to run with the Morris Commercial. The same people also do a very nice Bedford, (left hand drive) as a coal lorry.

Strange Gas livery....

IMG_9890.jpg

Which comes off with a glass fibre pencil

IMG_9898.jpg

Dear Giles,

I was privileged to see your layout in the flesh so to speak at Swanley. Whilst the videos on here are impressive, seeing your "coal operations" for real caused me instantly to smile. Fantastic modelling and a really original concept in my view.

Regards,

Brian.

Brian - thank you....! I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to you at Swanley - us Co. Durham lads should stick together, down here.....! (Low Fell, myself, but taken away when young...)

I need no thanks but (counter) thanks anyway!

I was born in Sedgefield (later notorious as the contituency of a certain former PM!!, oh and horse racing but have never been to a meet in my life) and lived at Hawthorn near Seaham until I was three, then spirited south and been here (Essex) ever since - still have some relatives in Easington though and try to get up at least once a year to visit them and cheer on the lads at the SoL for my sins.

Regards,

Brian.

Archived