EBay madness

Marcyg

...and you thought that 'leaning to the right' was a trick of the camera. Read the description of this 'item'

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_1074wt_1165

That property is quite intriging. I've looked closely at all those pictures and cannot see any cracks that would indicate it moving. 85,000 squids is still a bit much to part with without having a damn good poke around in person first.

That property is quite intriging. I've looked closely at all those pictures and cannot see any cracks that would indicate it moving. 85,000 squids is still a bit much to part with without having a damn good poke around in person first.

I was thinking of bidding on that one, but I'm worried about the postage costs. Or is it "buyer collects"?

Area riddled with un-mapped mine workings - One house a couple of streets away 'fell down' in a heap of rubble about 4 years ago.

Whilst the pics seem to indicate an OK area, strongly advise that anyone does a check in person, on several days , locally it has a very suspect reputation..

I'll pass , Thanks

When I was a child, not far from here, a row of around ten terraced houses developed a rather precarious lean forwards. They were demolished, and I believe unmapped mine workings were responsible for that one. No other houses in the area that I know of have ever been effected by unexpected subsidence. Well, except for the ones that were on top of a lost and filled shaft from Black Harry tunnel.

And now back to my occasional series of cost-effective corner-fillers for the larger layout:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...2#ht_500wt_1182

And proof, if any were needed, that Barwell underestimated demand for these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bachmann-SET-OF-3-PRESFLO-22-T-CEMENT-WAGONS-LTD-EDT_W0QQitemZ130378495932QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Trains_Railway_Models?hash=item1e5b29f7bc#ht_853wt_1165

It also features the unusual "represengtati ve motion" which you don't hear so much about, these days blink.gif

" 'ou mean it don't go a'rond"?.......look at the track , the fall away is built in....they taper evenly......

Area riddled with un-mapped mine workings - One house a couple of streets away 'fell down' in a heap of rubble about 4 years ago.

Whilst the pics seem to indicate an OK area, strongly advise that anyone does a check in person, on several days , locally it has a very suspect reputation..

Google street view seems to confirm this. If I've identified the house correctly, then to the right is a detached house, and on the right of that is a pair of semis with boarded up windows and doors, and some very very hefty looking bits of wood holding the left hand side up. Given that this one is leaning right, and that one is leaning left, I'd also be very suspicious of the detached house in the middle, too...

Seems like the cheapest professional service in the country- take a few pounds off for the base wagon, materials and the listing fee and he's earnt £6 for four hours work....

On a similar note, how can I become a professional modeller...? By some definitions, it's a tag you can give yourself for producing models only for sale or offering services for financial reward, regardless of the quality. It seems similar to the much maligned "exhibition standard" tag...

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_1705wt_1165

Well that was four hours wasted!ohmy.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lima-class-33-weathered-OO-HO_W0QQitemZ270545669819QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Trains_Railway_Models?hash=item3efdc74ebb#ht_500wt_1182

Simple process of weathering - place loco in a damp box and store in a musty old cellar for 3 months, remove, clean off any mouse droppings (just teh lumpy bits - dn't want too much texture), and carefully dry under a 200 watt lamp (not too close of course), photograph and then advertise. I wonder how many more are brewing away below stairs?

The Stationmaster

Not sure if this Class 33 has actually been authentically weathered by being left in someone's loft for guano and asbestos dust to collect on it. Well, that's the polite description for the technique used; others call it pebbledashed:

'CHARD

Boy that has to be the best laugh i have had in a very long timebiggrin.gif and the best thing is someone brought it!!!

Not Madness , but an oddity, a strange mating of a Mallet, shown as 082,.......and a BR standard six wheel tender, the seller is absolutely up front about it, but........!! ..I do like the "fits quite well"

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Stephen.

I'm thinking of bidding on it just so I can get the tender, then when it gets here, I can just toss that horrid thing it's hooked up to... wink.gif

HI all

Found this weathered 31 ,looks like somone has set fire to it!:blink: Top bit of weathering

It reminds me of some of the locos that the owner of LOXX in Berlin showed me, but they had actually started burning!!!:blink: No wonder Fleischmann uses them as testers....

• RMweb Gold

What´s so wrong with that? It´s a Deltic and should probably look even worse than that :P.

I know I'm not the brightest on these new-fangled TOPS numbers for locos, but how can a loco be a Deltic and a Class 52 at the same time? Has he rebuilt it with hydraulic transmission, perhaps? That would have some sort of scarcity value, at least....

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

Ebay watchers might like to keep an eye out for Kitmaster kits - a lot went at auction last Saturday including at least 5 garratts and 2 BP power cars, an 'Evening Star' and a 'City of Truro' - 480 quid plus commission and VAT so no doubt the purchaser will be looking for 'a return on his investment'

I know the price of oil is rising but this is taking the liquid waste matter surely?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...2BUCI%26otn%3D4

:lol:

Strangely these are sought after (probably because they leaked and/or got lost/thrown away and are usually missing). They normally go for £5- 10, though this is a nice example. The rush to bid is rather revealing as to the item's value.

As to Kitmaster kits, the rarer ones (BP for example) fetch good prices. and it must be remembered that the dearer ones where over £10 in today's money. It's probable that the emphasis on these dearer models led to their demise. I, for one, didn't have 10/6d to spend on the latest loco kit every month.