EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

No one wants another man's empire. A used layout has to be one of the hardest things to sell.

Indeed. And even though I thought it was good enough value at £10K...

It is now relisted at £7,500 BIN with facility to make an offer.

The problem with the layout is (with the benefit of hindsight) that anyone with that kind of cash to buy something 'off the shelf' is probably going to have the time and space to commission something new to fit their requirements. On the other hand, the builder/vendor has probsbly got more publicity for his business than he might have done otherwise.

Personally, I think Peco should stump up and add it to the display at Pecorama. It really is an excellent example of what can be achieved in a reasonably small space

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Tupdale is a great layout AND I think is looking like a realistic auction. In fact I am very tempted as I can't build (well, complete) layouts! I'd go for a good bid on that one.

Regarding my original post - looks like a very good layout BUT @ 9k and now 7.5k I'm still 'spitting my tea out' as well. It may be worth loads in material terms, however the comments about another's empire are quite correct. I would say £700/800 is more realistic.

Just as an aside. I had a quote of 4K two years back from a well known prof builder to provide a 23' x 10' (ish) roundy OO Code 75, double track main line with passing loops and sidings (and scope for expansion by me) and a 12 track fiddle, from scratch (i.e he was custom building the boards to fit the loft space), track provided & laid and wired including control panel(s) and ready for scenic completion by me. (So yes I understand how a layout can be an expensive project. However, I think one has to accept that most, if not all those coins round and flat will be lost forever once it's finished with).

This worked out at about 2k for the materials and the rest on 'labour'. I thought this to be quite a good deal but couldn't afford it! At the time the advice on here was DIY! Well, I still haven't started!!!!!!!

Tupdale........uuuuuummmmmmmm?:huh:

36E

Oh yes, that fine fellow again. I asked him what possible justification there might be for pricing a Tri-ang Sleeper like this.

He trotted out some nonsense about its rarity and that being a market price.

Presumably in the same market place where Emperors get their New Clothes biggrin.gif

• RMweb Premium

"Check out Ebay No. 320587597514 not expensive, but what is it ???????????"

It's an abomination in the sight of Nuggan* :angry: Looks as though parts of it started life as a Triang B12 before Chernobyl. Check out his 'Dean Good 'ish', presumably a Triang 3F but with a cab by Deeley out of Stirling. The 2 westernized Jinties look almost tame by comparison. He had 2 'GWR' jinties up the other day, one with a half cab.

*the God of Paperclips, Correct Things in the Right Place in Small Desk Stationery Sets, and Unnecessary Paperwork.

Not train related, apart from the old branch to Rowntree in York, perhaps.http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e#ht_500wt_1154

"Hi the date is 1/6/06, no not kept in a fridge as they would get moist. They have been kept in a larder in an air tight container, which stores our fresh produce. Thanks"

So I can't even eat my £10.00 each Smarties angry.gif

"Hi the date is 1/6/06, no not kept in a fridge as they would get moist. They have been kept in a larder in an air tight container, which stores our fresh produce. Thanks"

So I can't even eat my £10.00 each Smarties angry.gif

totally bonkers what a load of @@@**&&