EBay madness

Marcyg

"Hi the date is 1/6/06, no not kept in a fridge as they would get moist. They have been kept in a larder in an air tight container, which stores our fresh produce. Thanks"

So I can't even eat my £10.00 each Smarties angry.gif

It is deeply worrying to think that there are "Smarties Collectors" out there , on the loose, and not under care and close supervision......

Paid a tenner for one of these last weekend at the Andover show. Thank god I don't need to go to St Albans with £80 for this one!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hornby-Limited-Edition-Virgin-Shunter-/250695462350?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3a5e9d2dce

He seems quite proud of the fact it actually works, too...!!

Not only is it a collectors item, but it also functions as a pretty good shunter for pulling/pushing carriages/rolling stock.

"functions as a pretty good shunter"... ?!?!? yes, well, isn't that what it's supposed to do...????

:angry: :rolleyes: <_< :D :D

"Check out Ebay No. 320587597514 not expensive, but what is it ???????????"

It's an abomination in the sight of Nuggan* :angry: Looks as though parts of it started life as a Triang B12 before Chernobyl. ....

If that's his idea of "runs well & looks good" then he must've borrowed someone else's layout to photograph it on.... :rolleyes:

• RMweb Gold

Postage is a bit steep don`t you think. Business maquerading as private???/

Probably not - it's the way Royal Mail charge for special delivery: it's £9.50 for up to 2kg, but anything over that (up to 10kg max) is charged at a flat rate of £22.50. Special delivery is not really meant for really heavy items: standard parcels would be my preferred option, or another courier.

• RMweb Gold

On the subject of Lima, is this the world record for a Lima OO loco (or are Irish Rail examples particularly valuable?...)

My link

As I said a couple of pages back Lima 201's are fairly rare, and command high enough prices on Ebay, especially IE orange ones. Mind you, £325 is a tad optimistic, nearer the 250-270 mark is fair game though. They have gone for more than that in the past.

I need to find that farmers market that worrals was on about, I'd love to polish a few of them in a project or two. Many people over here have performed major surgery on them.

Pretty much all Irish stuff which is sold out by retailers goes for a premium 2nd hand. A lot of money for a crock of crap though in this case!

• RMweb Premium

I have just purchased a 'OO' scale diecast model van from Hong Kong via e-bay. No complaints about the dealer or price and the postage was free. The diecast had the appearance of an Austin A40 van of the early 50's which is why I decided to purchase. It arrived this morning and despite being a solid one piece casting was quite well detailed, the problem is that the bonnet casting is from an A30! not an A40. There is the possibility that this vehicle is an Australian model but it does look strange.