EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Looks like the pictures were taken in a Hall of Mirrors.......

Cheers,

Mick

As is pretty well known, the origins of these coaches was Tri-ang Railways, in 1961, to go with the then New R.354 "Lord of The Isles" 4-4-0 Dean Single....

So they WERE intended to be GWR coaches.

Over the years they were also used as LNER (Teak Finish) with an LMS 3F 0-6-0T in LNER Apple Green Livery, LMS (Maroon), "red and cream" (But NOT the brake) for the Railway Children Set, bright red (ALMOST carmine, or suitable for a later Breakdown Train!) used in a train set with another LMS 3f 0-6-0T in lined black numbered 2021, in Black, and later Green, as an ED Engeneers Dept Coach (Brakes only...). I dare say there are others but my Ramsey's is not to hand (Dodgy memory used for the above! ;) )

Funnily enough, the later Hornby Long Clerestory Coaches have also been liveried as Midland Railway caoches, to go with the Midland Compound!

No Breakdown or ED liveries yet....Hornby are slipping! ;)

One of the red ones here as a breakdown riding/tool van

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/28222-dublo-layout/

These coaches are probably some of Tri-ang/Hornby's best sellers and some the oldest rolling stock models still (or until recently) available (I think the only other candidates are Tri-ang's LMS cattle truck, GWR horse box and the SR utility van and some items of Dublo origin in the Dapol range. (Some locos are still around but have suffered retooling to a greater or lesser degree.) (All could benefit from reissue to modern standards - some decent clerestories please!)

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks like the result of a fire. A late friend once brought along 3 blobs melted onto a length of track. It was 3 wagons, with the track almost undamaged (apart from the blobs which flowed over the sleepers. But the rest of the sleepers weren't touched.

It was a result of a fire in his garage.

Many years ago our clubhouse burnt down, some items were stored in a metal cupboard. The plastic items had melted but some card buildings were completely unaffected.

• RMweb Premium

Looks like one of the disasters that were once flogged on Ebay by an infamous seller now long since gone by the name of Aldo1080.  He was the one flogging sealed untouched Dapol Deltic kits for thirty plus notes but his description(and the picture of a completed painted kit) failed to mention that all you were getting was a fivers worth of plastic bits in a bag...

His weathering efforts included a Bachmann Class 37 which was basically so badly mucked up it looked like a dog turd on wheels.

• RMweb Premium

Seller's location Blackburn - apparently it's grim up north.........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Seller's location Blackburn - apparently it's grim up north.........

Cheers,

Mick

Depends which side of the Pennines you're on I guess...

• RMweb Premium

It is if you support the local football team.

That's why I don't.

Sadly, I can see their training ground from where I live............ Their indoor facility would be a brilliant venue for an exhibition. And far more entertaining.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Or a shed full of 03s......

When the Mainline Class 56 came out, the local shop made them $56 each (RRP was $59) and said to me, '56 for a 56'. I promptly asked him, how much for the 03s, he wasn't amused!

I did buy a 56 though.

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-GWR-Stamped-Carriage-Lamps-Decorative-Candle-Holders/252319192150?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D717e381cbc724a698136f520b3ea3afc%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D322036853703

Noticed these as a spin-off from another search. They didn't look very convincing. E-bay has loads at different prices and in varying conditions. An image search produced even more on antiques sites, some badged for other railways. Somebody in the Far East (probably) has been banging these out for a while. Do they resemble any real railway carriage lamps? If they are a repro of something genuine, a pair might be quite nice to have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-GWR-Stamped-Carriage-Lamps-Decorative-Candle-Holders/252319192150?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D717e381cbc724a698136f520b3ea3afc%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D322036853703

Noticed these as a spin-off from another search. They didn't look very convincing. E-bay has loads at different prices and in varying conditions. An image search produced even more on antiques sites, some badged for other railways. Somebody in the Far East (probably) has been banging these out for a while. Do they resemble any real railway carriage lamps? If they are a repro of something genuine, a pair might be quite nice to have.

Yes these fakes have been churned out for many years. Most common branding is GWR although GNR and others have been seen. They bear no resemblance to any real carriage, waiting room or indeed any other railway lamps!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Blast, I gave a complete battered VR diesel with the knurled wheels to another RMWeb member locally. I should have stripped it down & sold it off piece by piece!