EBay madness

Marcyg

I emailed him to point out his error, and he replied with saying he didn't know. Fair enough.

I guess we can't all be experts.

Always nice to help others out. It can be sometimes clearing out the loft/spare room/garage of junk you know little about.

It is also quoted as:-

"Otherwise the bodywork and paintwork is in excellent condition, a highly detailed model.  Just missing 1 buffer"

Not excellent condition then.

I guess we can't all be experts.

Always nice to help others out. It can be sometimes clearing out the loft/spare room/garage of junk you know little about.

Exactly. I find a polite and helpful reply can be welcomed by a seller who values their reputation on eBay, especially as they can end up in a mess with PayPal and eBay when a buyer complains. One of the other ones that got removed sent a rather rude reply to my polite suggestion, so another for the seller blacklist (it is very long!)

Still :offtopic:

Unfortunately that led directly to the Pacers which passengers have had to suffer ever since!

Keith

:offtopic:

Not much worse than this though :)

http://www.departmentals.com/photo/975874

If you think that's bad you should see this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_u17FxR4Bg

It was from 1948 and supposed to be the saviour of rural branchlines, probably those closed to passengers just before the war but reopened "temporarily" during it. It was designed by a committee including representatives of the main railway workers' union.  About sixty of them were built and they lasted in commercial service for less than twenty years but they were severely underpowered and though a special lightweight trailer was built for them they apparently had difficulty hauling even that in hilly ground.

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Like 2