EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

I don't get stuff like that - ignoring, for a moment, the wonky nameplate it's the sort of thing that could represent a loco awaiting scrapping, particularly with the graffiti, which looks reasonably well done. But it's a complete fantasy AFAIK, if there was a photo of the loco in that condition it may be a reasonable rendition, but as is it just looks totally crazy. And has a wonky nameplate.

I don't get stuff like that - ignoring, for a moment, the wonky nameplate it's the sort of thing that could represent a loco awaiting scrapping, particularly with the graffiti, which looks reasonably well done. But it's a complete fantasy AFAIK, if there was a photo of the loco in that condition it may be a reasonable rendition, but as is it just looks totally crazy. And has a wonky nameplate.

Don't think Peter Griffin would be too pleased about the image of his wife (Giggity Giggity)

• RMweb Premium

That's what I mean - the Family Guy graffiti surely must be based on a prototype photo, or the guy has a properly warped mind, but it was never that loco (as far as I know), if you're going to do that why not do it to whichever loco actually ended up in that condition.

I can't imagine the guy said to someone "can you make this loco look like it's really neglected, y'know, the whole lot; Lois Griffin with her norks out and a sinister looking Quagmire on the cab side..."!

Hi Folks,

They haven't even spelled "Horby" correctly,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Horby-Railways/123433118047?hash=item1cbd2fe95f:g:zhsAAOSwa3Zbx20K

Not even listed as rare, am I missing something ?

Gibbo.

Caveat Emptor, especially when models are 're-issued' to a much higher spec........

That's what I mean - the Family Guy graffiti surely must be based on a prototype photo, or the guy has a properly warped mind, but it was never that loco (as far as I know), if you're going to do that why not do it to whichever loco actually ended up in that condition.

I can't imagine the guy said to someone "can you make this loco look like it's really neglected, y'know, the whole lot; Lois Griffin with her norks out and a sinister looking Quagmire on the cab side..."!

**cough**

https://www.snakeoilmagazine.com/lois-griffin-and-glenn-quagmire-graffiti/

• Like 2

Apart from the EM conversion with a lack of wheels I find the line "Postage will be by Royal Mail, or ParcelForce, this naturally costs a little more but I refuse to use couriers, who lose, or damage items, or leave them in display in your porch." far more humorous (or deluded)

• Like 2

Let's hope they sold to the same buyer!  I particularily like the 'stainless silver' seat ends come handles - just as I remember them on the Cravens units

Tony

• Like 1

The trailer was the first lot of the 2 to sell. I assume those who missed out on the first half therefore were not going to bother biding on the driving car as it’s not much use if you only win one end!

Having won this DMU i’m Delighted with it. I’ve always admired Rodney’s work and i’d be most interested to speak to anyone who’s got any ROCAR vehicles that they’re looking to sell.

P

• Like 1

The trailer was the first lot of the 2 to sell. I assume those who missed out on the first half therefore were not going to bother biding on the driving car as it’s not much use if you only win one end!

Having won this DMU i’m Delighted with it. I’ve always admired Rodney’s work and i’d be most interested to speak to anyone who’s got any ROCAR vehicles that they’re looking to sell.

P

Well done!  Shame the seller was so mean as to sell them individually rather than offering them up as a pair as they should be (assuming the seller knew what the were of course............)

Tony

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-scale-trains-USA-trains-box-Car-with-blackened-metal-wheels-CONRAIL/153232410618?hash=item23ad5d07fa:g:C5QAAOSwcbRbrQLH:rk:34:pf:0&autorefresh=true

Just HAD to share this Gem.  

Not only is the title complete garbage, along with the section its in, The one and only photo is a photo of a computer screen showing a page from a craft site.

At least the description matches the picture...I think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-scale-trains-USA-trains-box-Car-with-blackened-metal-wheels-CONRAIL/153232410618?hash=item23ad5d07fa:g:C5QAAOSwcbRbrQLH:rk:34:pf:0&autorefresh=true

Just HAD to share this Gem.  

Not only is the title complete garbage, along with the section its in, The one and only photo is a photo of a computer screen showing a page from a craft site.

At least the description matches the picture...I think.

The UK shipping charge is rather OTT as well!  :O

Yes but it's using eBay's rip off global shipping program. That charge at least ten times the postal rate and for customs and import taxes, even if under the applicable rate or tax exempt.

eBay have a little tick box hidden in the listing you need to fill if you want to be excluded from the program. I found it by mistake. Even if you fill out the international postal part it won't appear without the tick.

All a rip off. I will not buy if gsp postage. I always email vendor to see if they would post properly most have done and didn't realise how eBay were making them loose sales.

• Like 1