EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

:lol: I think the lock down has taken your senses.......this kit has screws I can hardly see in it.

Specsavers maybe your friend although possibly ebay would be more friendly!

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Bucoops said:

All I'm going to say is Morris Minor convertibles were obviously made of stronger stuff than minis and spitfires ;)

Although I did manage to get both doors to pop open after a particularly enthusiastic tackling of a hump back bridge :o

Having read a few previous threads regarding windscreens and girlfriends, I got to 'hump' in your post and assumed a different ending!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

At the risk of being judged a cynic, I'm glad I'm not married anymore. The only kind of hump I got then was of the broken television variety. You know the one, picture, no sound.

What were we talking about? Oh yes, that Millholme J28 is now up to £290 and 40 bids. It's a nice looking loco but ouch!

Especially as the original poster pointed out that it is still available for £100.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, A Murphy said:

According to my watch list, the J28 is currently under offer at £431!!!!

Two "buyers" fighting over it . God knows why, who knows what madness afflicts them  ?? I bet the seller is happy !!

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, micklner said:

Two "buyers" fighting over it . God knows why, who knows what madness afflicts them  ?? I bet the seller is happy !!

He will be happy. He's Ray Heard, a dealer in Yeovil (?) who organizes our local swapmeets at Newton Abbot, Exeter and other places in the southwest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, micklner said:

I know I would be! What's the betting that half a dozen of these kits come out of the woodwork next week with a BIN price of "only" £399.99 (plus £4.99 post of course, can't go offering free post at that money you know!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's a lovely old thing, great period box artwork too.

But £1500 ???

It did not sell for some reason! Maybe the price put people off!

Now back on for a starting price of £1,304 and no bids which is hardly surprising.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Damo666 said:

Ah, the days when 'Fitted with a Suppressor' was important!

The price tag suppressed any interest I might have had.

Not that long ago though, back in the 90s I had a 1953 Vauxhall Velox, according to my neighbour, every time I drove past his satellite dish it "#@%&s up Sky sports"

I called it a result.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

The price tag suppressed any interest I might have had.

Not that long ago though, back in the 90s I had a 1953 Vauxhall Velox, according to my neighbour, every time I drove past his satellite dish it "#@%&s up Sky sports"

I called it a result.

Major selling point IMHO!!

Mike.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

2 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

My inner cynic says that we had that one a few pages ago, seems checking isn't necessary any more?

Keep up at the back.

Mike.

You're right, we did. It's been relisted. Clearly someone didn't get the hint that it's overpriced junk.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

My inner cynic says that we had that one a few pages ago, seems checking isn't necessary any more?

Keep up at the back.

Mike.

Dangit lol

• Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Prometheus said:

Truly 'rare' this one....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-cardboard-paper-train-platform/324180218881?hash=item4b7aa59401:g:BFEAAOSw6FFevsMc

But a snip. At least that's what it needs, with a large pair of shears....

Tony

If it wasn't for the lockdown, you could write the description up something like: Rare! Until the model railway exhibitions start up again and you'll find one in every £2 bin...

I have to admit that it is rare though. Rare to see anyone asking £25 for a bit of dog-eared old Superquick.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2