EBay madness

Marcyg

3 hours ago, Darius43 said:

No luck with “pro” and “look” so I tried “scratch” and found this:-

River/Coastal Scene Diorama

Clearly this represents an early lockdown scene whereupon the Derbyshire Constabulary has dyed the water lurid blue to discourage lockdown breachers and someone has fly-tipped huge chunks of Thermalite blocks on the beach.

Cheers

Darius

Oh good there’s a whole range... :wacko:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scratch-built-OO-gauge-diorama-of-a-quarry-Suit-railway-Hornby/174316756237?hash=item2896169d0d:g:2TwAAOSwWCte5jk6

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?sid=sherriel&isRefine=true&_pgn=1

Edited by 009 micro modeller
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, CuriousPeach6 said:

Hello,

I've just been looking through eBay at some OO gauge stuff and found this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R9732-Rail-Over-River-Bridge/313094222833?epid=26012063089&hash=item48e5deb3f1%3Ag%3Azh0AAOSwvjVey9~X&LH_BIN=1

£2,199 for a Hornby bridge! I can only assume that the price was entered incorrectly (£2199 instead of £21.99), but it does make for quite a mad and comical listing!

-Peter

I hope this is the kind of thing people post on here - if it's not, please let me know.

Does it come with the river?

Darius

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Loads of offences here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-lot-guagemaster/153976484072?hash=item23d9b6b0e8:g:Rg0AAOSwhkNe435w

• Another one who seemingly cannot spell Gauge even though it is clearly written on the items for sale.
  • Lazy 'Job Lot' listing with naff all description.
  • Bad photos with most of the individual labels obscured so you have no idea what they actually specifically are.
  • Overpriced.

The seller has other equally poor listings too.

• Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Loads of offences here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-lot-guagemaster/153976484072?hash=item23d9b6b0e8:g:Rg0AAOSwhkNe435w

• Another one who seemingly cannot spell Gauge even though it is clearly written on the items for sale.
  • Lazy 'Job Lot' listing with naff all description.
  • Bad photos with most of the individual labels obscured so you have no idea what they actually specifically are.
  • Overpriced.

The seller has other equally poor listings too.

Wonderfully erudite descriptive there. The man is a true wordsmith, I am surprised that he hasn't yet been discovered as a novelist or playwright. Definitely missed his vocation.

He really doesn't deserve a bid and no doubt when it doesn't sell he will moan that people want something for nothing.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Wonderfully erudite descriptive there. The man is a true wordsmith, I am surprised that he hasn't yet been discovered as a novelist or playwright. Definitely missed his vocation.

He really doesn't deserve a bid and no doubt when it doesn't sell he will moan that people want something for nothing.

With his pricing policy?:blink:

• Funny 3

On 17/06/2020 at 15:16, MrWolf said:

My other half is waiting until the invention of what she calls the FaceChair App. If someone is really annoying, you hit the app on your phone and the app hits that person in the face with a chair

Since when did Sabu make phone apps?
sabu.gif.76a7e01b0d60351854ac8ca4dc871b5f.gif

• Funny 2

14 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Since when did Sabu make phone apps?
sabu.gif.76a7e01b0d60351854ac8ca4dc871b5f.gif

That made her laugh! Although what she had in mind was the wild west saloon brawl wooden chair in the face scenario. Typically female, she has a vicious streak. :blink:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That made her laugh! Although what she had in mind was the wild west saloon brawl wooden chair in the face scenario. Typically female, she has a vicious streak. :blink:

Aah right. I'm more a pro wrestling fan so I immediately thought of Sabu, Rob Van Dam, Mick Foley and the like doing stuff like the gif.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

35 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Aah right. I'm more a pro wrestling fan so I immediately thought of Sabu, Rob Van Dam, Mick Foley and the like doing stuff like the gif.

Loved it, 100% more showmanship than the Saturday afternoon wrestling they had on TV when I was a little kid. Very watchable and you don't have to get all tribal and obsessive about it like some other sports I could mention. I've always been more into actually taking part in sports than watching. I couldn't do wrestling, I would get wound up and knock someone the F out. Which I am well aware is not in the spirit of.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Meanwhile, back on eBay...

Golden Age Models Merchant Navy

First one of these that I have seen, but is it O gauge or OO gauge?  Perhaps someone had better get the seller to ask his uncle.

Nice models but in my opinion they are display case fodder - and expensive fodder at that - as their haulage capacity is woeful.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Meanwhile, back on eBay...

Golden Age Models Merchant Navy

First one of these that I have seen, but is it O gauge or OO gauge?  Perhaps someone had better get the seller to ask his uncle.

Nice models but in my opinion they are display case fodder - and expensive fodder at that - as their haulage capacity is woeful.

Cheers

Darius

Hand in last photo would tend to suggest "O" Gauge.

According to the Golden Age Models website, this was produced about 8 years ago for £2,940 inc VAT

http://www.goldenagemodels.net/sr-locomotives-merchant-navy-class-o-gauge.html

Given that, the asking price (adding in the postage, why do they bother at this level?), is a couple of hundred more than the purchase price which for a mint example is, I suppose, not too bad.  I wonder how much a similar model at todays prices would be?

Edited by Hroth
General editing, you know....
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Following on from the stupidly-priced Hornby bridge I found last week, I thought I'd just put a thing here saying that the seller has changed the price; I assume they saw this thread or just noticed and changed it back to a much more realistic £21.99.
eBay link

-Peter

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

4 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Crikey.

Isn't this the £1.99 set that comes out at Christmas?

Mike.

3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Good job 298, the bar for overpriced rubbish has truly been set high this morning. It's going to be tricky to top that!

And the seller is using Hermes, can it get any worse....? 

After numerous offers of less than a pound, do you think the seller will realise that it's an incomplete pile of turd, and put it in the bin.

• Funny 2