EBay madness

Marcyg

16 hours ago, Hroth said:

Really you only need one bus per layout.

To go on the bridge.

Tiptoes out...

I've only got 16 on my layout. Then the bus depot has 4 inside plus a few outside. Plus some open top's for the summer. But i do change them around depends if i am running 1970's or late 1980's. Plu's it depends on the size of your layout.

Edited by crompton 33
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Cant post link ... but DC Kits 3 car Class 120 DMU kit.... £202.95!!!! The market is still there @charliepetty.....

Started at 40 quid, and went up to £202.95 - looks like winner was prepared to go somewhat higher than that!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224049925677?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lionheart-Trains-O-Gauge-BR-16-Ton-Mineral-Wagon-B174521-Like-Dapol/174324841919?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

There is rerun of these at c40 quid due to arrive shortly. 

O gauge prices have gone up considerably during lockdown - a number of things I've been watching have ended up fetching more than I have found them new elsewhere.

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

Must dig deeper in my cupboard,must dig deeper in my cupboard, must............

Have you got the motherlode in there Martin???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Have you got the motherlode in there Martin???

Like to think so Phil! I call it carefully selected, pre-loved, quality items!!

My wife seems to call it something else....:blink: 

Edited by MartinWales
typo
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

N Gauge stuff, even battered old demics in a plastic bag that would have been a fiver tops off a MRC sales stand at a show has skyrocketed to riddiculous prices in the last couple of months but this is just eyewatering:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-n-gauge-class-46-diesel-locomotive-BR-Blue-livery-371-586/174321436783?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

What the hell is going on?  Seems there are a select number of N gaugers with big wads of spare cash burning holes in their wallets...

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

That's just ridiculous. The 'Got to have it no matter what the price ' brigade are obviously in town again. I bet that the seller is laughing his ass off. Nearly as much as I do when some doomsayer tells me that "there's no money about, the country's on it's knees". I hope the buyer actually runs it and gets his moneys worth out of it. Otherwise it would remind me of someone I have known since I was in my teens. He owns over 250 vintage motorcycles, crammed into sheds and outbuildings. He keeps on buying whilst everything gathers rust and dust. He hasn't ridden a motorcycle of any sort in the thirty years I have known him.

• Like 1

A lot of brass kits coming out of the woodwork. There's a Chivers Finelines LNER 52' CCT kit for £84.50. I know quite a few railway modellers, none of whom could justify that expense.

Everything has gone daft lately, I have seen plenty of plastic 4 wheel open wagon kits hitting £30.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, John M Upton said:

N Gauge stuff, even battered old demics in a plastic bag that would have been a fiver tops off a MRC sales stand at a show has skyrocketed to riddiculous prices in the last couple of months but this is just eyewatering:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-n-gauge-class-46-diesel-locomotive-BR-Blue-livery-371-586/174321436783?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

What the hell is going on?  Seems there are a select number of N gaugers with big wads of spare cash burning holes in their wallets...

Nah! I think there's this Ernst Stavro Blofeld type complete with world listings on Ebay, scooping them all up :wacko: 

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Pre war?

Falklands?

Bosnia?

Iraq?

Definitely pre-date those conflicts but not WW2. The No. 50 Series was made between 1957 and 1962-4

If you own those items for which the boxes were made, and they are in good condition, on purely monetary terms, they could be a good investment, even with the large post and packing charge.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium