EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, andytrains said:

riddles with Covid!

Is this another RMWeb railway-themed predictive text thing? We’ve already had ‘Bulleid’ instead of ‘Bulleid’...

Edit: it actually won’t let me do the correct spelling - oh well :laugh_mini:

Edited by 009 micro modeller
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

With eBay's 20% discount offer that's more than I've just paid for a Dapol one!

Mike.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

7 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

With eBay's 20% discount offer that's more than I've just paid for a Dapol one!

Mike.

That just proves that there's madness galore on eBay!

• Agree 1

I was saying Mike isn't daft, did his homework and bought one at the right price. Whereas there appears to be plenty of mad people on ebay.

Then again, an old friend from Huddersfield claims that his first words were: "How much?!!!"

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Is this another RMWeb railway-themed predictive text thing? We’ve already had ‘Bulleid’ instead of ‘Bulleid’...

Edit: it actually won’t let me do the correct spelling - oh well :laugh_mini:

No, just my craaap selling

• Funny 4

The one that always makes me laugh is Trackmaster Thomas bodies whacked onto Hornby chassis. See those on a few sites and they always just look daft. I know OO locos aren't perfectly proportionate by their very nature, but seriously. Look at this.
image.png.14a2323fcbfabd139921add21e71c435.png

I see these all the time when looking around on eBay and they always crack me up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Talltim said:

Special invisible paint job 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164278599115

One of an undisclosed number of locomotives loaned to the U.S. Department of Defense for hauling classified experimental aircraft components from the Boeing works to Area 51, Nevada during the early development stages of the Stealth Bomber project.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

The one that always makes me laugh is Trackmaster Thomas bodies whacked onto Hornby chassis. See those on a few sites and they always just look daft. I know OO locos aren't perfectly proportionate by their very nature, but seriously. Look at this.

I see these all the time when looking around on eBay and they always crack me up.

Why bother?

Loving the wheel to splasher alignment!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

6 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Why bother?

Loving the wheel to splasher alignment!

I know, right? You see why I talk so much about this stuff on my Wild Kitbash thread? Because to me that's the point. For every awesome bit of bashing out there, there's a load of bits that are as funny as they are bad. That's the entire reason I made the thread. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

They've spelt the name wrong, on eBay shouldn't it be @@LOOK@@!!

Mike.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Just had an eBay advert pop up while using Yahoo. £149.99 for a 1934 Underground map (no 2).

Is that madness or is that what they go for these days? If so, it's party time as I have several from that era collected by late father.

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Just had an eBay advert pop up while using Yahoo. £149.99 for a 1934 Underground map (no 2).

Is that madness or is that what they go for these days? If so, it's party time as I have several from that era collected by late father.

Yes if in good condition.  Particularly 1933 and 1934 ones.  Funnily enough I've just sent my collection from 1933-1965 off to auction, including all 4 variants of 1993 map and both 1934 ones.

No 1934 No.2's seem to have been sold on ebay for a while.  Last one sold by Transport Auctions of London was Oct 2017 for £130 - no idea how condition compares with the one you've seen.

This 1933 No.1 went for £570 on ebay recently and it's only in fair condition.  Mint would be nearer £1k though 1934 variants don't command such a high price they can go to £200 in good condition:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Original-First-Edition-1933-Beck-London-Underground-Pocket-Map-/124203352616?hash=item1ceb18c228%3Ag%3AQ7gAAOSwbstezTqK&nma=true&si=4M6Cn%2B4leV%2FubJaJPvDISNH3JBY%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Informative/Useful 3