EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

You know I never bothered to check the R number on that listing. That's facinating

With an R rate so high I’m not surprised he’s got so many of them to sell.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, lofty1966 said:

I offered 3 quid .

Do you think he'll get the hint?

When I mentioned to him on the contact facility -

R6768 is a Brake van which is misleading information, as are a number of other wrongly numbered sets.
At £150 for a used item costing £21.99 new, could also be regarded as misleading as to it's value.
A click on the Report button may be worth a moment.

He responded with abuse, which didn't include any response to the points mentioned. He even suggested that he might report my observation as bullying.  A response, which accepted his right to do so, which would, of course, include his responses, resulted in the usual disclaimer that he was far to busy to bother.  Given that others on these pages have also raised issues with him, will be interesting to see how much further he tries to Con the buyers.

Julian

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 3

Well done for that Julian. I don't think that I would have had the patience. 

I have often messaged sellers in the motorcycle parts section who have misidentified a part and without being an anorak about it told them what it does fit, not to be a smartass I tell them, but help them sell it and probably for more money. I always get a thank you reply. 

People like this guy just annoy me. Is he A. Hopelessly I'll informed. B. Well aware of what he is doing and trying it on? 

Judging by your exchanges with him, it's B. So I don't regret hitting the report item button earlier.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Well done for that Julian. I don't think that I would have had the patience. 

I have often messaged sellers in the motorcycle parts section who have misidentified a part and without being an anorak about it told them what it does fit, not to be a smartass I tell them, but help them sell it and probably for more money. I always get a thank you reply. 

People like this guy just annoy me. Is he A. Hopelessly I'll informed. B. Well aware of what he is doing and trying it on? 

Judging by your exchanges with him, it's B. So I don't regret hitting the report item button earlier.

Fully qualified "B" and I hope your Report gets the result it deserves.

Julian

• Like 3

Apparently he has lots to make a huge profit from....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2062857.m570.l1313&_nkw=Hornby+R6768+RAILROAD+OO+GAUGE+3+WAGON+PACK+%23224190512320+21+Oct&_sacat=0 

All different, perhaps a collection of these "absolutely invaluable, unbelievably, rare" incorrectly numbered items.   :taunt:

Julian

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Wrong photos for the listing?

Listing title says Hornby 13005...

Photos shew Tri-ang Railways D3035...

;)

:D

Edited by Sarahagain
Typo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DK123GWR said:I think I could tell the difference when I was still watching Thomas every night. As an added bonus, looks at the photo and consider how much you would actually pay.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-BR-Flying-Scotsman-1950-60s/174375354419?hash=item289994c033:g:-kMAAOSwqCZfJl2C

Either the wrong photos....

Or just doesn’t know / care what they have?

I’m becoming accustomed to these minimalist descriptions too...

I have also noticed a lot of listings saying, basically, condition is used. Dispatched with (postal service).

Something to do with the simple listing tool, that I don’t use?

Possibly the loco was in a “Flying Scotsman” train set? Possibly there was a headboard on the loco when found?

But, considering the clear nameplates saying “MALLARD”.....

Also, this loco is now a 0-6-2! ;)

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Apparently he has lots to make a huge profit from....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2062857.m570.l1313&_nkw=Hornby+R6768+RAILROAD+OO+GAUGE+3+WAGON+PACK+%23224190512320+21+Oct&_sacat=0 

All different, perhaps a collection of these "absolutely invaluable, unbelievably, rare" incorrectly numbered items.   :taunt:

Julian

There's been a couple of weeks of £1 selling fee offers - it usually attracts a few "placeholders" that are  used later.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, newbryford said:

There's been a couple of weeks of £1 selling fee offers - it usually attracts a few "placeholders" that are  used later.

Which doesn't quite make sense as the item must sell within the first period.
There's other terms and conditions with the offer too.

4 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Lord knows what the other side of the thing looks like!

Here's what I'd say:

OO scale Triang Class 08 Diesel Shunter body

Used or New  Used, badly damaged. Plastic scuffed and worn, numbers worn.

Body Condition (1-5, 5 being the best): -1

Running Condition (1-5, 5 being the best): n/a body only

Original Box: No box

Any other details about the condition  Bad, lower part of cab end missing, no buffers, steps missing at cab end.

Other Details about this item  Green livery

Gauge n/a but OO scale

Free to good home.

(£3.80 p/p?  Preposterous!)

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Sarahagain said:

I have also noticed a lot of listings saying, basically, condition is used. Dispatched with (postal service).

When creating listings, Ebay automatically puts in the line into the description as above, basically the title of the description, condition and the postal service they have selected for your item to scalp as much cash as possible until you change it to something more reasonable.

Of course the lazy lister just leaves it at that and there you go....

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Which doesn't quite make sense as the item must sell within the first period.
There's other terms and conditions with the offer too.

No loss in having a load of placeholders and if not used within the week, then nothing is  lost.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1