EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I may be wrong but... for £7.. am I just looking at a pile of match sticks, glued onto a piece of cardboard ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAL-TIMBER-LOADS-2-For-00-Gauge-Bachmann-Mainline-Coal-mineral-Wagons/333768564362?hash=item4db6281e8a:g:XJEAAOSwi5xeGhNr

Yes but many people can't glue matchsticks to a piece of cardboard. 

• Funny 7

21 hours ago, coastalview said:

There is a market for early Airfix kits but the last one with this header went for £14.

To me the madness in the listing is the line "R2D2 IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TRANSACTION, HE IS FOR SIZE REFERENCE ONLY"  

• Funny 1

Oh, and there is the Santa model with R2D2....

and this reference...capitals in original listing text...

DEAR EBAYER,

SEASONS GREETINGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TO LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER.

So, Seasons Greetings.

Which season is that then...it’s way too early for Christmas, isn’t it?

;)

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

;)

Some people clearly don't think so. We went out for a walk last night and someone already had their Christmas lights up. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 minutes ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

Local highstreet already has the lights up, along with many shops having trees up in the window

There's a certain defiant hope amid the pathos here, I think, given the looming closure of all non-essential shops....  Thoughts are with them.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
On 09/10/2020 at 16:10, adb968008 said:

On 09/10/2020 at 16:54, jonny777 said:

The first two finishing prices do state 'reserve not met'. Therefore I think he has set the reserve very high and realises there is so little interest that he may as well start the new auction at the reserve price (or very close to it). 

possibly, still didnt sell though.

unfortunately its one if those very niche models outside of Japan. Very few will want it, proportionate to other things. S/h prices tend to be much lower.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

So, Seasons Greetings.

;)

It seems that Christmas is starting earlier this year, with so many other activities not happening, and we all need for some festive cheer.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

36 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

Fancy a trip to Heckmondwike to pick up this little lot?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/00-gauge-model-railway-layout-and-accessories/203162826273?hash=item2f4d72b621:g:mA4AAOSwhBNfmtWS

Maybe he'll have to relist it after Lockdown 2.0

I want it!

Just for the ability to own 35012 Leeds United, Lima Diesel Italy D9002, and 4498 Sir Nigel Greeley. 

Edited by jonny777
  • Funny 5

I thought much the same. I have on occasion been asked to clear out a garage full of motorcycle / car stuff by someone who simply wants rid of it, but because of the family connections, doesn't just want to call in the scrap man.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
On 03/11/2020 at 11:07, Rockalaucher101 said:

I get your point. But why start so early?

That has always baffled me

On 03/11/2020 at 10:26, Rockalaucher101 said:

Why do people bid super early?

IT'S GOT OVER 6 DAYS LEFT?! :angry:

Someone interested in it probably placed an early bid knowing that makes the offer option fall away, to stop anyone else from making an inflated offer the seller couldn't refuse.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

20 hours ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

Local highstreet already has the lights up, along with many shops having trees up in the window

I thought Christmas had been cancelled this year. Bonfire hasn’t though, at 06:00 this morning there was the reassuring sound of the usual window shaking explosions in the County Town of East Sussex :yahoo: Have it!!!

Just to remind the London dwelling nest of vipers, otherwise known as ‘The Great and the Good’, who their bosses are and that ‘They’ are the ultimate public servants....it seems they regularly need reminding as it constantly slips their minds!!!
Remember this on the 5th....”We Wunt Be Druv”......we will however willingly drink lakes of Old Ale from Harveys Brewery.:drinks:

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Grizz said:

I thought Christmas had been cancelled this year. Bonfire hasn’t though, at 06:00 this morning there was the reassuring sound of the usual window shaking explosions in the County Town of East Sussex :yahoo: Have it!!!

Are you sure that wasn't the result of a last hurrah at the local curry house?

• Funny 5

Not really madness, as I think it's the seller self -preserving in today's litigious culture, but:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Trix-TTR-OO-Gauge-41900-Weltrol-WM-45t-Wagon-Black/333735933266?hash=item4db4363552:g:~IoAAOSwADZfcSEA

The item is nothing spectacular (and overpriced IMHO), but the caution at the bottom re "Not suitable for children under 14 years old" struck me as overkill; the item was supposed to be a children's toy in its day!

This also applies to the irrelevant Dublo tank wagons, which slipped in somehow.

Edited by Il Grifone

39 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Are you sure that wasn't the result of a last hurrah at the local curry house?

:mocking_mini:No curry houses are all still standing but there is some evidence of red paper from the explosives that normally litter the town on the 5th. Lock down doesn’t seem to have happened much here, if anything the traffic is much busier than normal this morning. As long as the Brewery is still brewing and there is a supply I am not worried.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

29 minutes ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

When did our old buddy Gostude get into the classic car game?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PONTIAC-1989-TRANS-AM-FIREBIRD-with-21K-ORIGINAL-MILES-5-0-V8-TARGA-TOP/363162168821?hash=item548e26edf5:g:z4kAAOSw2QteFg7L

If they're anything like the loco's he sells, they're probably held together with filler and zipties :laugh:

I remember those from being a kid, the old knight rider Pontiac. Sadly they came out about ten years after America had forgotten how to make stylish cars.

The price is definitely hopeful / speculative / imaginative / ridiculous.

More chance selling a rusted out heap, because then someone can seperate the greasy bits from the ugly bits and stick the running gear in a hotrod.

On 02/11/2020 at 22:30, MrWolf said:

I don't know about rare, I do remember the LMS 4F 0-6-0 there being about the most godawful thing on rails when I was a little kid. The magazine reviews weren't great. I think it was a big nail in the coffin of British outline HO.

Lima also did the 4F in O gauge and N gauge, the chassis on both replicating their OO/HO chassis with the floating centre drivers, though the N gauge one was tender drive.  Terrible things, whatever the gauge/scale!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rockalaucher101 said:

When did our old buddy Gostude get into the classic car game?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PONTIAC-1989-TRANS-AM-FIREBIRD-with-21K-ORIGINAL-MILES-5-0-V8-TARGA-TOP/363162168821?hash=item548e26edf5:g:z4kAAOSw2QteFg7L

If they're anything like the loco's he sells, they're probably held together with filler and zipties :laugh:

Doesn’t he claim he’s doing the eBay sales to finance his Studebakers? Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Agree 1