EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Puggers said:

I think this one might win the prize of 'Understatement of the Year!' or no s***t Sherlock!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254851866030?ul_noapp=true

Richard

I have put that on my watchlist as I can use the trucks for a Deutsche X Reichsbahn coach that I have that currently has US Pennsylvania Railroad express trucks under it but retains the buffers and chain couplings. :o

Edited by J. S. Bach
Trucks = bogies.
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Dear oh dear, throw this lot of dangerous rubbish in your local council electrical recycling for God's sake!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOBLOT-SCRAPYARD-Hornby-TRIANG-LIMA-TRAIN-TRACK-CONTROLERS-SOLD-UNTESTED-SPARES/324464911367?hash=item4b8b9da407:g:2XkAAOSwjWJgD8je

Also, why is every single word in the description capitalised?!?

Death by a thousand wires!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

10 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Dear oh dear, throw this lot of dangerous rubbish in your local council electrical recycling for God's sake!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOBLOT-SCRAPYARD-Hornby-TRIANG-LIMA-TRAIN-TRACK-CONTROLERS-SOLD-UNTESTED-SPARES/324464911367?hash=item4b8b9da407:g:2XkAAOSwjWJgD8je

Also, why is every single word in the description capitalised?!?

That lot would make a nice splash in the canal, not sure what else you would risk doing with them.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Like the way you slipped a little Carry On quote in, there! (Oooh, Matron!)

From my favourite Carry On film, too!

Steve S

"Constable Slobotham: I'm a police officer and I must warn you that I'll take down anything you say.
Dan Dann: Alright then, trousers."

• Funny 3

Getting back to business ...

I heard back from one seller regarding their overpriced class 03 - they’ve relisted it at a more realistic starting price and a more accurate description (new old stock) and have had two bids and gained five watchers whereas before they had no interest. Result for everybody.

The other responded saying she doesn’t know anything about model trains, and gave me an “offer” to buy for £60 instead of £80!! Not responded to that yet, but I won’t be paying that!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-31-337-04-DIESEL-SHUNTER-D2280-BR-GREEN-SCALE-1-76-/265007775672?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

And just when I thought I had seen them all ... how about an older model for £160?! Now that really is eBay madness!

She also has various other overpriced railway items for sale - a Hornby “Tango” van for £14, a “new” Lima coach for £40 (how long since Lima went out of business?)

I’ve messaged her pointing out she may be a little overpriced. Interesting to see how she responds!

Steve S

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Getting back to business ...

I heard back from one seller regarding their overpriced class 03 - they’ve relisted it at a more realistic starting price and a more accurate description (new old stock) and have had two bids and gained five watchers whereas before they had no interest. Result for everybody.

The other responded saying she doesn’t know anything about model trains, and gave me an “offer” to buy for £60 instead of £80!! Not responded to that yet, but I won’t be paying that!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-31-337-04-DIESEL-SHUNTER-D2280-BR-GREEN-SCALE-1-76-/265007775672?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

And just when I thought I had seen them all ... how about an older model for £160?! Now that really is eBay madness!

She also has various other overpriced railway items for sale - a Hornby “Tango” van for £14, a “new” Lima coach for £40 (how long since Lima went out of business?)

I’ve messaged her pointing out she may be a little overpriced. Interesting to see how she responds!

Steve S

Be careful! She might 'send the boys round'! :O

• Funny 3

10 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Just a thought: Given the latest tranche of [familiar?] eBay offerings, Mr Gostude must have a vast collection of unsold stock stashed in his lock-up. I wonder if Mrs Gostude ever has 'words'?

Gostude !!

A name I've come across and now have on block !

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Should be ok as long as you only want to run it clockwise on a circular roundy roundy.

Cheers

Darius

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Should be ok as long as you only want to run it clockwise on a circular roundy roundy.

Cheers

Darius

The zig-zag coupling rods would cause me some concern - especially for a starting bid of £250.00. Do you reckon it would complete a circuit of a roundy roundy?

Paul.

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

But it IS professionally built (no idea who by) and if you read the description there's a question mark over whether it is a London Road product, though it is "Super" and an "Exceptional model"....

A case of 'over sell, under deliver'??

• Like 1

The loco looks like it's compensated - it even has proper forked joints in the coupling rod,  so I wouldn't worry about wheels and rods being at odd angles when it's not sitting on the track. The biggest problem is that it's far too clean and has horrible 1970s Triang couplings. 

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

36 minutes ago, pete_mcfarlane said:

The loco looks like it's compensated - it even has proper forked joints in the coupling rod,  so I wouldn't worry about wheels and rods being at odd angles when it's not sitting on the track. The biggest problem is that it's far too clean and has horrible 1970s Triang couplings. 

Do you think it might be one of those "been in a glass display case for thirty years because it doesn't perform too well" kind of locos?

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

All gas and no gaiters??

All gas and no knickers allows more relaxed expression, apparently...

There is a Regiment, who were referred to, as such, when in Berlin, back a while ago...   {No names, no Pack Drill!!}

PS.  Also termed "All Fur Coat and no knickers".

Edited by jcredfer
  • Funny 3