EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, Andy WD said:

Looks like Mr.Energizer got fed up listing individual items!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOB-LOT-MIXED-FINE-SCALE-PRE-ASSEMBLED-SELECTION-OF-STEAM-LOCOMOTIVES/124584243685?hash=item1d01ccb1e5:g:SBAAAOSwBCdgMXIl

Should have used Bunny Power :D

Is this what Americans might term 'a mess of locos'??

Long live Bunny Power! (Like Girl Power - but with more carrots??)

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Last Fifi i encountered [yes...  encountered!] was an Officer / pilot of the Royal Flying Corps [RFC].

He [yes he - of course] was wearing a bright red mini-dress and fishnet tights, with a deep V-neck, to reveal the dark hairy cleavage!!  I will leave the description at this point, as there may be readers of tender years / sensibilities.  

It was, of course a party with a "Vicars and tarts" theme, so the Wing Cdr's Summer Garden party chiffon dress was cause for appreciation, as were a number of other offerings.

Much amusement for the participants at the time.  However, one more lasting effect resulted from the rest of the RFC Unit hearing of their Pilot's garb, which gave him the Fifi nickname for the remainder of his career and every reunion since.

{Beware what attention you seek...  }

"They were only playing leapfrog..."?:dancer:

• Funny 4

Just seen on an Ebay add "Image for illustration purposes only". This doesn't make much sense to me.

I can understand if it was something made out of a natural product, like wood, where due to the grain no two are exactly the same, but for a Hornby 4MT 4-6-0? What exactly does that mean? You can't rely on my photos?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
On 20/02/2021 at 03:41, MrWolf said:

Well it sold! If you want to get in on the ground floor before the millionaire collectors discover them, he has an identical model for sale lettered GWR.

But are the press studs in the correct location, so you can 'couple' the two wagons together?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

I like the two 08/09 shunters bashed together, nose to nose. An alternative for  the master and slave Class 13? Mounted on Bo Bo bogies...possibly Mainline, or earlier Bachmann?

Also the Britannia (Hornby) with a Hornby Merchant Navy tender...

There is also a Mainline or Bachmann GWR tender, a Margate Hornby A3 body, a modified Hornby Dublo (I don’t think it’s a Tri-ang body?) Electric loco on Hornby Railways Class 25 bogies, a Lima Class 33....

I think the N2 isn’t a modified Dublo? 

Other kit built locos include an M7 body, a Genesis Kits 10000, an ex LMS Compound, odd tenders, etc....

Not related to Rocket Railways by any chance?:scratchhead:

• Funny 4

23 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

I like the two 08/09 shunters bashed together, nose to nose. An alternative for  the master and slave Class 13? Mounted on Bo Bo bogies...possibly Mainline, or earlier Bachmann?

Also the Britannia (Hornby) with a Hornby Merchant Navy tender...

There is also a Mainline or Bachmann GWR tender, a Margate Hornby A3 body, a modified Hornby Dublo (I don’t think it’s a Tri-ang body?) Electric loco on Hornby Railways Class 25 bogies, a Lima Class 33....

I think the N2 isn’t a modified Dublo? 

Other kit built locos include an M7 body, a Genesis Kits 10000, an ex LMS Compound, odd tenders, etc....

A veritable smörgåsbord of model railway delights!? :crazy:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-BUILT-GEM-LNWR-PRECURSOR-FOXHOUND-00-GAUGE-4MM/274692241418?hash=item3ff4eef80a:g:dnoAAOSwpZtgMszz

A nice build, but a lot of money for a loco with a bent whistle, running on a Triang L1 chassis??

Probably ran on a much respected exhibition layout until about 1980. Rather crude by modern standards for the thick end of £200.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

"I have not got the facilities to test this train ..."

A rather common statement on eBay loco sales. Given that 'facilities' could be nothing more complicated than a controller and a length of track on the kitchen table, is this just an excuse for poor sales practice?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

A rather common statement on eBay loco sales. Given that 'facilities' could be nothing more complicated than a controller and a length of track on the kitchen table, is this just an excuse for poor sales practice?

It's an easy "sold as seen" getout for when the buyer receives a piece of junk. 

Two bits of wire and a battery is all you need to confirm some kind of life.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

It's an easy "sold as seen" getout for when the buyer receives a piece of junk. 

Two bits of wire and a battery is all you need to confirm some kind of life.

Not even that.  A 9v PP3 type battery will do, the terminals are conveniently OO gauge, and you just rest them against the wheels.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I usually read that as "I haven't got a high enough IQ to test it"

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"I have not got the faculties to test this train ..."

28 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I usually read that as "I haven't got a high enough IQ to test it"

Fixed it...  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

8 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Nah, it's short hand for just can't be @rsed!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1