EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

I am struggling to see what is worth thirty five sheets plus postage here unless the first unhelpful photograph shows the margarine tub which is dated 2015 is some sort of rare collectible?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-Lot-Mixed-Model-Railway-Accessories-IN-3-TRAYS-FROM-MODEL-MAKER-LOT-NO-2/363310241286?hash=item5496fa5606:g:e4AAAOSw3j1gLBeE

One drawer of stuff looks like RC model car wheels to me as well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Lurking in those trays are parts from a Heljan GWR footbridge, parts from the Airfix Bailey Bridge (green girders from the sides...), The Airfix Signal Box and parts from the Airfix Footbridge kit, parts from a Signal Gantry Kit, probably a line side hut, roof visible inside the signal box...) some Heljan kit glazing, Hornby station steps, seat, and platform accessories, buffer stop and Hydraulic Buffer Stop (and parts of another ), ex Tri-ang buffer stop, Hornby Distant signal post and ladder, level crossing gates and other LC parts, telegraph poles, at least one line side hut (ex Tri-ang), a packing crate from an ex Airfix GMR Lowmac, Airfix packing crates trolleys and figures, Merit figures and oil drums, Merit, or PECO coal bins, two sets of petrol pumps (Possibly Wills?), a small, possibly metal, water tower. There is also a bag of tyres of the sort used on Matchbox vehicles at one time.

One tray does seem to be mainly vehicle parts, mainly wheels.

I can’t see anything really exciting.

If the water tower is metal, it may be from Mastermodels?

• RMweb Premium

The two plastic straw bales next to the Hornby hydraulic buffer stop are Britains Farm Toy accessories.  I had a few of those back in the day....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

I am struggling to see what is worth thirty five sheets plus postage here unless the first unhelpful photograph shows the margarine tub which is dated 2015 is some sort of rare collectible?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-Lot-Mixed-Model-Railway-Accessories-IN-3-TRAYS-FROM-MODEL-MAKER-LOT-NO-2/363310241286?hash=item5496fa5606:g:e4AAAOSw3j1gLBeE

Basically, it's someone's modelling 'bits box'?

Curiously, stored away somewhere, I have a 1998 Princess Diana Flora margarine tub! It was kept to store modelling bits & bobs! Then it became both iconic and controversial!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Lurking in those trays are parts from a Heljan GWR footbridge, parts from the Airfix Bailey Bridge (green girders from the sides...), The Airfix Signal Box and parts from the Airfix Footbridge kit, parts from a Signal Gantry Kit, probably a line side hut, roof visible inside the signal box...) some Heljan kit glazing, Hornby station steps, seat, and platform accessories, buffer stop and Hydraulic Buffer Stop (and parts of another ), ex Tri-ang buffer stop, Hornby Distant signal post and ladder, level crossing gates and other LC parts, telegraph poles, at least one line side hut (ex Tri-ang), a packing crate from an ex Airfix GMR Lowmac, Airfix packing crates trolleys and figures, Merit figures and oil drums, Merit, or PECO coal bins, two sets of petrol pumps (Possibly Wills?), a small, possibly metal, water tower. There is also a bag of tyres of the sort used on Matchbox vehicles at one time.

One tray does seem to be mainly vehicle parts, mainly wheels.

I can’t see anything really exciting.

If the water tower is metal, it may be from Mastermodels?

I can confirm that the water tower is indeed a metal Wardie Master Models product! I have a couple stashed! :scenic:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The bagged tyres are reproduction parts for 1950s Dinky toys. Everything else is familiar junk to anyone who had a train set and built Airfix kits in the 70s and 80s. 

Nicely dissected though @Ruffnut Thorston   I thought that I was bad with old car parts (RRH has been known to refer to me as "War and car pieces") I have great respect for anyone who has a truly impressive knowledge of obscure bits of junk. 

Those sports fact bores are just amateurs. Your dog could learn that from Wikipedia....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Do DPD deliver direct to refuse collection lorries?

Mike.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 01/03/2021 at 09:25, Re6/6 said:

This person seems to sell used plastic bags! I never knew that such things were collectable!

Aren’t a lot of the bags she has for sale biodegradable?  In which case after a period of time they won’t be so “collectable”.

Cheers

Darius

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Aren’t a lot of the bags she has for sale biodegradable?  In which case after a period of time they won’t be so “collectable”.

Cheers

Darius

Talking of carrier bag history: I recall smuggling stashes of carrier bags over the border into Wales in October 2011! :onthequiet:

• Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Do DPD deliver direct to refuse collection lorries?

Mike.

Quite often, and so do many of the other parcels delivery companies. You just have to leave your wheelie bin out for emptying and thats where  they put your parcel and its on the way to the tip before you know it.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

On 01/03/2021 at 22:43, Ruffnut Thorston said:

The link made clickable...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-BUILT-TRI-ANG-6-CAR-BLUE-MIDLAND-PULLMAN-DIESEL-MULTIPLE-UNIT-00-Gauge/294033233605?hash=item4475bf16c5:g:3eAAAOSw4BVgJEQ1

Interesting...

Not the Kitmaster kits...

Tri-ang  parlour cars with the window strips modified.

I seem to recall some self adhesive overlays were made?

The kitchen side doors are only marked on the window strips.

The lettering is all redone...

The description is interesting...Southern Pride coach parts?

All that work, and the bogies and some under frames are wrong...;)

Funny-still NO BIDS!! Can't be R@RE then?!!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

There have been occasions when a delivery has been claimed and we have to play 'hunt the parcel' out the back!

10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Don't forget that fun for all the family game of "check the neighbours bins"...

The lack of such exciting sport, is one of the beneficial consequences of Lockdown.  Amazing how many more deliveries actually arrive than used to be the case.

Actually, I have little evidence for that claim, other than 12 months of personal experience and that of neighbours opposite  Only one package missing [temporarily] and found on our other next door neighbour's step.  Even that one had a picture of where it was placed, in the "Delivered" message, which made the search rather easy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

Something GWR?

12 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

We may never know! :search:

Well, if the pipework is a code, the GWR might have used something like a Rectank or a Pollen (depending on length/diameter) to transport it...  :crazy:

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2

On 28/02/2021 at 23:58, surfsup said:

Makes me wonder how much my old Modelzone T-Shirts and Jumpers might be worth now. Anyone for a Christmas Gift Ideas at Modelzone T-Shirt? It’s @LOOK Rare Collectable Limited  Edition you know! 

I've got a unused modelrail 91 ( first uk all modern image )show sweat shirt never used only sold to exhibitorsand traders I think....didn't fit...can I get silly money for it! Will fit some one with medium body and deep pockets!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

29 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

I've got a unused modelrail 91 ( first uk all modern image )show sweat shirt never used only sold to exhibitorsand traders I think....didn't fit...can I get silly money for it! Will fit some one with medium body and deep pockets!

20210304_112421.jpg

• Like 2