EBay madness

Marcyg

51 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"In a historical context, a rake (short for rakehell, analogous to "hellraiser") was a man who was habituated to immoral conduct, particularly womanising. Often, a rake was also prodigal, wasting his (usually inherited) fortune on gambling, wine, women and song, and incurring lavish debts in the process. Cad is a closely related term. Comparable terms are "libertine" and "debauchee"." :diablo_mini:

Very interesting, I wonder how the same word became used for a garden implement? 

Perhaps my confusion in this area is born of the fact that a woman of similar moral vagrancy is oft referred to as a "Hoe"....:D

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Very interesting, I wonder how the same word became used for a garden implement? 

Perhaps my confusion in this area is born of the fact that a woman of similar moral vagrancy is oft referred to as a "Hoe"....:D

"Often, a rake was also prodigal, wasting his (usually inherited) fortune on gambling, wine, women and song, and incurring lavish debts in the process." I wonder if ebay should be added to this list of wild and reckless activities??

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"Often, a rake was also prodigal, wasting his (usually inherited) fortune on gambling, wine, women and song, and incurring lavish debts in the process." I wonder if ebay should be added to this list of wild and reckless activities??

Wouldn't even crack my top ten... :diablo_mini:

• Funny 5

13 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Seems someone has made a bid! :dancer:

1 hour ago, MartinWales said:

Worth reporting methinks.....

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

This ebay madness knows no bounds! :clapping_mini:

21 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

You could say there's one born every minute!

Its the ebay business model!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

1 hour ago, MattA said:

Bachmann 32-102K: typically sells for £70-85 on ebay. Now check out this madness: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-102K-Class-08-Diesel-Shunter-08484-Port-Of-Felixstowe-Locomotive/393202860046

An ebay newbie and a new-ish member going for it? With 3 days to go, one to watch from a safe distance?

• Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I wonder if the winner will confess to his/her significant other??

Probably doesn't have one, hence overcompensating by paying stupid amounts for model trains.

For those of us who do have a significant other, I am sure that there's easier ways to die, such as walking in front of a real train...

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1