EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Bill Radford said:

I don't remember wiring that!!

Mike.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

At the end of this pandemic, there are going to be a lot of people who will suddenly realise that despite not commuting every day, they still haven't got any money.  There will also be quite a few traders who are much better off but can't understand why everyone has suddenly stopped buying anything.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, Blandford1969 said:

Indeed, Keith will be very happy though. Utter madness. 

Imagine receiving those in the post and trying to justify the cost to yourself.

I'll lay odds that the lucky winner isn't  in a relationship...

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

YOU ARE BUYING  A "HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE" WRENN UN-BOXED MODEL No W2217 LNER  CLASS N2  0-6-2T  TANK LOCO'  FINISHED AS LNER VERSION No.9522  IN APPLE GREEN LIVERY. IN ORIGINAL NEAR MINT CONDITION 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WRENN-MODEL-No-W221-7-LNER-CLASS-N2-0-6-2T-No-9522-TANK-LOCO-LOT-62/402760630667?epid=675908944&hash=item5dc667818b:g:Sc4AAOSwwk5gWQKj

:-)

CoY

• Funny 5

4 minutes ago, County of Yorkshire said:

YOU ARE BUYING  A "HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE" WRENN UN-BOXED MODEL No W2217 LNER  CLASS N2  0-6-2T  TANK LOCO'  FINISHED AS LNER VERSION No.9522  IN APPLE GREEN LIVERY. IN ORIGINAL NEAR MINT CONDITION 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WRENN-MODEL-No-W221-7-LNER-CLASS-N2-0-6-2T-No-9522-TANK-LOCO-LOT-62/402760630667?epid=675908944&hash=item5dc667818b:g:Sc4AAOSwwk5gWQKj

CoY

I was expecting a picture of a piece of recycled and overpriced Hornby Dublo, (very handy for pulling up stubborn tree roots though) but instead we have what can only be described as an "Abstract Polar bear".

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

28 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I was expecting a picture of a piece of recycled and overpriced Hornby Dublo, (very handy for pulling up stubborn tree roots though) but instead we have what can only be described as an "Abstract Polar bear".

I've sent him a message asking if the teddy bear is 2 rail or 3.

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

"Mouse over image to zoom" :whistle:

• Funny 2

12 hours ago, County of Yorkshire said:

CoY

12 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Perhaps the Polar Bear is called "Wrenn"?

He certainly looks abstracted!

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/03/2021 at 11:11, MrWolf said:

I remember an article in one of the comics years ago where the writer has found a couple of kits for the vans and upgraded them. He also rescued a couple of badly built and painted ones that were stripped and rebuilt. He said at the time it seemed an odd choice for a mass production kit, but wasn't having a lot of luck finding more to depict one of the experimental trains.

That must have been about thirty years ago and I don't think I have heard anything of these kits since.

MRJ No. 147 - 149?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
On 05/03/2021 at 12:13, MrWolf said:

Considering how the mail order business has taken off, it might be worth revisiting the idea. It has to be greener than artics going up and the motorways.

But the fundamental weakness hasn't changed. The rear axle assembly was very heavy, which reduced the payload significantly.

The standard container and rail flats/road unit is far better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold