EBay madness

Marcyg

4 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

6. Some of us like Westerns.

Mike.

I like to phone the local hotel so that when they answer, "Hello, Best Western?" I can immediately reply, "True Grit with John Wayne" and put the phone down!*

HOURS OF FUN!

* Shamelessly stolen from a FaceBook post!! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Hornby Freightliner Container

The container end wall and roof look to be covered in some sort of mastic or are slightly singed.  Either way just short of £10 for one (possibly sticky or charred) container seems somewhat steep.

"YOU ARE BUYING..."

Err, no I am not...

Also block capitals description and apparently it is a must have for any fanatic!!!

Dear oh dear...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

21 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

The container end wall and roof look to be covered in some sort of mastic or are slightly singed.  Either way just short of £10 for one (possibly sticky or charred) container seems somewhat steep.

Cheers

Darius

Weird, it's either:

A p#£# poor repair

A childhood repaint

A refugee from a grounded body / shed scene.

Call me snobbish all you want, as potential salvage worth £1.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

55 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

"YOU ARE BUYING..."

Err, no I am not...

Also block capitals description and apparently it is a must have for any fanatic!!!

Dear oh dear...

50 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"HAS SOME MARKS FROM BEING IN STORAGE" :dancing:

40 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Weird, it's either:

A p#£# poor repair

A childhood repaint

A refugee from a grounded body / shed scene.

Call me snobbish all you want, as potential salvage worth £1.

Amazing!

Misdescribed, of course.  It should be called a "Frightliner"...

It might be useful (as noted above)  as a "grounded body".  I would site it in a breakers yard which deals in disposal of railway items. I see it as being used for tool storage, or perhaps for small recovered parts.  Anyhow, being old and rusty, water has been coming through the roof/back end and some roofing felt has been applied to remedy this.

However, if modelling this situation I would look for something that was in better nick, and not so preposterously priced!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

On 03/04/2021 at 14:17, PhilJ W said:

Just as I was reading this thread another arrived containing a model locomotive. :D Purchased via e-bay, genuinely kit built. Unmade kit was £80, I paid £101 for it built up and painted, only the pick ups need sorting before it can run on the layout. (Tenshodo spud but I've got a spare of the same wheelbase).

Did you get a free £15 box with it too?

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

4 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

But the guy *must* know his stuff - he has a “RARE METCALFE OO GAUGE SCALE PO229 BREWERY BUILDINGS UNMADE MODEL KIT RAILWAY” up for sale @ £69.99...

Ahem, plus £3 P&P because that is such a *bargain* BIN price!

:laugh_mini:

• Funny 6

To add to my last post, maybe not...

RARE METCALFE OO GAUGE SCALE PO282 WAREHOUSE UNMADE MODEL KIT RAILWAY

Described both as rare (or, rather, “RARE”) and also “vintage”, it is exactly as the same as that currently for sale from just about anyone who sells Metcalfe kits.

The seller is a bona fide Arthur Daley!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

But the guy *must* know his stuff - he has a “RARE METCALFE OO GAUGE SCALE PO229 BREWERY BUILDINGS UNMADE MODEL KIT RAILWAY” up for sale @ £69.99...

Drat!

I built mine!  :(

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Hroth said:

Drat!

I built mine!  :(

Worse? I cut mine up to create low relief buildings, so can’t even sell it as a RARE EXPERT BUILT VINTAGE OO G-U-A-G-E* METCALFE BREWERY KIT!

Steve S

* Intentionally misspelt!

** Corrected to incorrect spelling TWICE due to autocorrect correcting my intentionally incorrect spelling!!

*** Corrected a third time to incorrect spelling with hyphens to try to fool autocorrect into leaving it alone!!

PS

Worser? I didn’t scan it into the computer before taking the scalpel to it! :sclerosis:

Edited by SteveyDee68
Cursed autocorrect corrected my intentionally incorrect spelling!!
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Perhaps we should all watch this one to see if the ridiculous BIN price has any effect on auction results?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224415420319

"Please refer to the photographs as they are a visual representation"

What else can photographs be?, he's got me beat on that one.

Mike.

• Funny 7

3 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

To add to my last post, maybe not...

RARE METCALFE OO GAUGE SCALE PO282 WAREHOUSE UNMADE MODEL KIT RAILWAY

Described both as rare (or, rather, “RARE”) and also “vintage”, it is exactly as the same as that currently for sale from just about anyone who sells Metcalfe kits.

The seller is a bona fide Arthur Daley!

Decimal point wrong place again?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Well it is actually rare in that it's no longer available. Have a look at completed items and they're going for silly prices - a couple just recently for £60 and £62.  If I can find an online retailer with stock at original RRP, might buy a couple and try my luck! :D

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, RFS said:

Well it is actually rare in that it's no longer available. Have a look at completed items and they're going for silly prices - a couple just recently for £60 and £62.  If I can find an online retailer with stock at original RRP, might buy a couple and try my luck! :D

If someone can be bothered, see if the winning bidders of these items are all the same people, selling them to each other......

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1