EBay madness

Marcyg

21 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

"PLEASE NOTE owing to some non payers a non payment case is automatically open after 8 days and if still not paid will be barred for life this also applies if sent back for No good reason"

"barred for life" mind you!

Touchy! For a bag of sh....I mean pre loved items!

Edited by MartinWales
typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, rab said:

I assume the person selling these scratch built wagons

is doing so under licence from Mattel:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-Gauge-Troublesome-Truck-2-Suit-Tomix-Thomas-the-Tank-Engine-Scratch-built-/303959270079?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

:)

They might get into trouble for calling it a "Troublesome Truck", but if the character face bears no resemblance to that used by any of the licencees, there's probably some wriggle room. A "Naughty Wagon" might be a better description too...

As they say IANAL!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

19 hours ago, rab said:

Apologies if this has already bern posted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-Pullman-Car-/184768465534?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

i know Pullman travel was expensive,

but this takes it to a whole new level.

16 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I know it's for a charity, but no bids so far!

Pre-Covid (Its just like saying "pre-war" eeep...), it seemed like charity shops were pricing the L@@K RARE!!! items in their shops with reference to the more outlandish ebay listings.  While our local charity shops are now reopening, I haven't visited any yet but it wouldn't surprise me if pricing policies haven't changed!

I know you're supposed to appreciate that you're supporting a worthy cause, that the item looks in good nick, its in its original box and you're supposed to get the warm fuzzies if you buy it, but if you're not a GF OO collector, then its not going to be an impulse buy.

49 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Just saying: If this thread was titled 'EBay sanity', it wouldn't be half as much fun!

It'd be a very short thread...

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

On 24/12/2019 at 15:46, railsquid said:

It does help if you study the photos carefully and know what bits should be on the loco.

If their photos actually showed the missing parts or the descriptions mentioned them, then yes, I'd take more care. Such as not to buy the item. But lacking any factual guidance or comments a customer cannot be blamed for assuming the model is complete and clean.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Talltim said:

Not overpriced or mid-described, but what has happened to this innocent tank wagon? :o

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-RAILWAYS-1994-BP-FUEL-TANKER-WAGON-00-GAUGE-5049-/233971411615?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Someone took a naked light to find out why there was such a strong smell of fuel?

or

You're only supposed to blow the bl@@dy doors off!

Edited by Hroth
  • Funny 5

2 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Looks like it's been chewed by rats!? :wacko:

Or a dog, I had a Triang 3F that had its cab modified by the family Labrador. She had a seafood diet; see food, eat food!  A black loco must have looked edible...

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3