EBay madness

Marcyg

18 minutes ago, Hroth said:

At least he hasn't got around to prefacing "Rare" with "L@@K!!!"

Perhaps someone should tell him about the PP3 battery method of testing locos?

For just a second there I wondered about the MP3 method of testing locos! :jester:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Funny shade of green

Hornby shortie Mk3 that is “cosmetically” very good, apart from the missing window glazing strips and coupling hooks.

Cheers

Darius

Who in the right mind uses a 'used' as a scale for length....if its any thing like my workshop they range from new to micro stubies! At least the ones you can find and not lost to pencil fairy's 

G

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Funny shade of green

Hornby shortie Mk3 that is “cosmetically” very good, apart from the missing window glazing strips and coupling hooks.

Cheers

Darius

Maybe the seller is suffering from Blue-Yellow colour blindness and can't tell the difference between blue and green? https://www.nei.nih.gov/learn-about-eye-health/eye-conditions-and-diseases/color-blindness/types-color-blindness

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Great in the summer. Not so hot in the winter?

Self evident, Watson!

7 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

Maybe the seller is suffering from Blue-Yellow colour blindness and can't tell the difference between blue and green? https://www.nei.nih.gov/learn-about-eye-health/eye-conditions-and-diseases/color-blindness/types-color-blindness

You mean we should give a dodgy ebayer the benefit of the doubt?  :scratchhead:

Oh ok, no one could call me not fair-minded!  :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

Getting back to this poor article which, surprisingly no one has bitten for with just over three days to go (:whistle: ) ...

On 17/04/2021 at 23:35, Talltim said:

Not overpriced or mid-described, but what has happened to this innocent tank wagon? :o

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-RAILWAYS-1994-BP-FUEL-TANKER-WAGON-00-GAUGE-5049-/233971411615?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

On 18/04/2021 at 00:06, Hroth said:

Slap a "cab" on the chewed damaged end, glue on some cogs (Hornby/Bassett-Lowke sell suitable packaged ones), and paint it black.  Voila! A steam-punk fireless loco!

On 18/04/2021 at 09:58, Hroth said:

Where's the fun in that?

Actually....

I could get a Dapol pug kit for an appropriate cab, I've got an old clock that can be dismantled for cogs, I'm sure I have a similar tank wagon*....   :crazy:

* Though not gnawed....

The project is on the road!

I've found a Dapol Pug kit and a 20 ton petrol tank kit in the spares box, the clock is ready for disembowelling and I've just ordered a semi-derelict Hornby 101 0-4-0 from Hattons for a tenner along with some items for another project.

So not a static fireless loco, but a working one!!!

And not one item from the Madness...

Result!

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I wonder how many of us would describe ourselves as: "cosmetically very good, apart from...."?

Well, I have just had my hair cut for the first time in nearly 6 months so I could assert that I am cosmetically much more visually rewarding than before the haircut.

Cheers

Darius

• Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Well, I have just had my hair cut for the first time in nearly 6 months so I could assert that I am cosmetically much more visually rewarding than before the haircut.

Cheers

Darius

Be careful out there! You'll be fighting them off! :locomotive:

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Funny 4