EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Should be listed as spare & repairs - some of the glazing is missing and the paintwork could do with a little tlc.

Is that from an Underground Ernie set that's been kicking around in the toy box...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Should be listed as spare & repairs - some of the glazing is missing and the paintwork could do with a little tlc.

Just finished, unsold (shock, horror).  It says it's in London but that looks more like Booths Rotherham yard in the background.  Does the winner bidder have 24 hours to collect?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northmoor said:

Just finished, unsold (shock, horror).  It says it's in London but that looks more like Booths Rotherham yard in the background.  Does the winner bidder have 24 hours to collect?

Actually it is shown as sold. For something like this the 'listed' price is just an opening for negotiation. Presumably said negotiation has happened and a deal had been done. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Looks like they had mice!? :o

Such a shame to see it in this state - I would have traveled in this unit on IOW visits. The other half of the set is visible through the corridor door?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I'm guessing it's a 'non-runner'? That the vendor lacks 'the facilities to test this train'??

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

It's got a whacking great dent in the front now as well which to me tells me there is additional untold structural damage.  It's scrap.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

2 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

Conversation between vendor and winning bidder:-

" Hey! That's great! I've won the bid! Can you deliver the coach to my barn on the Isle of Wight?"

I believe they are asking the purchaser to collect it in person? That said purchaser should provide his/her own carrier bag? :dancer:

• Funny 2

11 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Looks like they had mice!? :o

Such a shame to see it in this state - I would have traveled in this unit on IOW visits. The other half of the set is visible through the corridor door?

Another case of splitting up the set to maximize the profit??

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Some years ago, one chap put forward some well-reasoned ideas for introducing trams onto the IoW.  "What vehicles?, I asked.

"Oh, I thought we'd refurbish the Underground stock"

I explained that wasn't such a good idea. Reliability, spares, etc.  

"Ok, what about the Blackpool trams?"

Your reporter made his excuses, and left.....

• Like 3

This little gem is listed as 'used' but, without wheels, I am not quite sure how!

The link is ridiculously long but if you type in  'O Gauge Brake Van LMS 10T 1663', at the moment it is the newest one listed.

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That's the kind of recycling I like to see. Well done Isle of Wight.

The I-o-W has a history of recycling former London stock. Starting with the rigid eight wheel stock from the Metropolitan railway in the 1900's, some are still in use today as beach huts. Then two generations of tube stock (Standard and 1938 stock) and now the rebuilt D78 stock.

• Agree 2