EBay madness

Marcyg

Chassis is defo Hornby Dublo and the pick up arrangement is outside WIRE, like a third rail, think docklands type. A curious arrangement that had its brief heyday between the wars. Plus, it did look like point rodding in a way. Check early Model Railway News issues for this "new 00 gauge" sensation!

Edited by 33C
added detail
  • Like 2

14 bidders/£36 now.

I never got as far as that last photo of the undersides.  :scratchhead:

1 hour ago, 33C said:

Chassis is defo Hornby Dublo

But what?  Cut down Duchess,A4 or N2?  All running backwards!

I'm glad I'm not bidding on it!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

It's Leprechaun Rail's little-known experimental prototype turf burner. 

I'll just wait for Accurascale Ireland to bring it out in the correct brighter shade of green.  

Bulleid Pacific and GT3 have love child!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 6

3 hours ago, mattingleycustom said:

Bulleid Pacific and GT3 have love child!

With the bright green livery I thought it was more like Flying Scotsman and a DMU have angry sex....

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

Just looking at Triang's Lord of the Isles body. There's one! Only £34:50 .. On 'Bay.

But wait, there's more!

If I just turn it around on the glass plinth, I can charge an extra fiver!

Last night I remembered I need a tender body for an old Lima GW King.  About £20 is the going rate....!  I think I only paid about £12 for the whole rest of the loco.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/05/2021 at 14:37, John Besley said:

Remember the Destructor's Review in Model Railway Constructor 1973 December which described an imaginary kit of the 'Standing Idle R.R. 0-4-6T'?

This was followed up in 1974 March issue, with a photo of such a model built by an M.J. Smith, from various parts of Airfix loco kits.

A

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Remember the Destructor's Review in Model Railway Constructor 1973 December which described an imaginary kit of the 'Standing Idle R.R. 0-4-6T'?

This was followed up in 1974 March issue, with a photo of such a model built by an M.J. Smith, from various parts of Airfix loco kits.

A

I used to enjoy the spoof annual mrc report - always with a mention of Rollo Gregorian-Chant's latest doings!

(Younger list members will not get the joke; see http://www.norgrove.me.uk/Robbo.htm ).

John Isherwood.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, andytrains said:

Another of it's love childs:-

image.png.bc689efc9f39589419d101f51622afa4.png

Long live Kermit!

Only needs a toad brake van behind it now!

• Funny 2

A very recent Hornby model

https://www.hattons.co.uk/575585/hornby_87001_class_c38_4_6_2_3806_in_nsw_green_black_livery/stockdetail.aspx

Apparently its an authentic livery...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Andy WD said:

If it was the LMS Green 4-6-0 sorry :)

No, it was the tramcar in the Ahern box marked 'box car'. I was unsuccessful in that. However the Bachmann Queen Mary brake van is mine for a very reasonable £20. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tim123 said:

Anyone spotted this item?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133679968387?hash=item1f1ff27083:g:8w0AAOSwquxgPWqc

In apple blue livery??? And in "good condition without any faults" apart from the 6 faults that he's noted :D

Excellent!

I MUST* have it!!!  :jester:

Perhaps he's been reading Snow White and got confused with what poisoned apples might look like?  Mind you, that looks like a loco that would benefit from "scrapyard" style weathering!

He's a bit of a bodysnatcher, if you click on "see other items" the majority of his stock appears to be bodies, with a few chassis interspersed. He might have other things, but I only got to page 5 of his listings before I lost the will to live....

* JOKE!!!

• Agree 4

I have to admit a liking for the B.R. Express Blue B12.

It went with the old GWR non corridor clerestory coaches in B.R. Corridor coach Carmine and Cream livery.

A1C913F9-1DE1-4BCB-8030-8BA1301B385D.jpeg.a80888399b9c1bd6f0d462fb137c1b4d.jpeg
4FA45859-6E44-4E33-820F-94D871F343CE.jpeg.a967d691de7b0ce85df289d46674cb48.jpeg

https://www.hattons.co.uk/66483/hornby_r1089_the_anglian_analogue_train_set_with_b12_and_2_clerestory_coaches_produced_for_a/stockdetail.aspx

Lovely looking...but totally “wrong”.

Though the B12 was an express loco when it was first introduced by the GER...which also painted them a shade of blue.:)

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Photos added...
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Minor landmine damage.

What is going on with the smokebox door? :notme:

Smokebox got too hot and door melted

due to over enthusiastic fireman!

Edited by rab
  • Funny 3

7 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

I have to admit a liking for the B.R. Express Blue B12.

I got an Express Blue B12, DCC fitted no less, when you could pick up such things for little more than "mr_mike" is wanting for his distressed body*. Mine occasionally hauls blood'n'custard Mk1s, rather than the set clerestories.

7 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Though the B12 was an express loco when it was first introduced by the GER...which also painted them a shade of blue

Very much a secondary loco on the retirement list by Express Blue days, most being repainted into black from Apple Green by BR. Its a pity that Hornby didn't do extra tooling to produce the original S69 body when they did the new tooling, with wheel valences and the Belpair firebox boiler.  Now that woud look smart in GER Blue!

* Perhaps that could be rephrased, but I can't be bothered.

Edited by Hroth
Insert something I thought I'd included when I originally posted...
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 13/05/2021 at 11:37, Re6/6 said:

Much more realistic!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203453251267?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l3160&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=8094fce745424ee88ff3e0c805b1b91c&bu=43704251606&ut=RU&exe=98456&ext=232173&logid=nqt%3DAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAEAIAAAAAAAAAAIAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAEAQQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAQAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAIA**%26nqc%3DAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAEAIAAAAAAAAAAIAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAEAQQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAQAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAIA**%26mdbreftime%3D1621154716610%26es%3D3%26ec%3D1&osub=-1~1&crd=20210516015212&segname=11021&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cut%3Dut%2Cnqt%3Dnqt%2Cnqc%3Dnqc%2Cmdbreftime%3Dmdbreftime%2Ces%3Des%2Cec%3Dec%2Cexe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext%2Cexe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

• Agree 1