EBay madness

Marcyg

6 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

We shall never know! Now taken off sale!

looks to have split the lot & listed as 2 lots

1/ https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114812318537?hash=item1abb58f349:g:XpcAAOSwWCtgoqAx

2/ https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114812308947?hash=item1abb58cdd3:g:9egAAOSwClBgop0z

Edited by mozzer models
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Scrap in my opinion, maybe a few useful spares in there if you gut them but not much and certainly nowhere near the price being asked as a starting bid...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I love an good old moaning thread!  I've wanted to get this off my chest for a while now. DCC wire... Literally money for old rope. Just because the wires have a certain colour scheme, the price is off the scale.  You can get 25 meters of eight core alarm wire for £8 at Screwfix. The colours are not right, but it is still seven strand eight core cable, but throw in some pink, purple and grey and the price quadruples. 

• Funny 5

4 hours ago, MartinWales said:

Now if your jokes are gonna be that bad....

Can't claim to have come up with that one. I nicked it from one of my kid sister's music magazines about 1985.

It's the only joke I know about gas fires and it's probably the first time it's been relevant in about 35 years.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

Scrap in my opinion, maybe a few useful spares in there if you gut them but not much and certainly nowhere near the price being asked as a starting bid...

I know that we all get ticked off for being judgemental these days...:nono:

But to me, that is the contents of the £1 box at your local village hall model railway exhibition. 

That's coming from someone who makes a living out of old junk!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Can't claim to have come up with that one. I nicked it from one of my kid sister's music magazines about 1985.

It's the only joke I know about gas fires and it's probably the first time it's been relevant in about 35 years.

As a gasman of 50 years it's the first time I've heard it, so well done!

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

19 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

With a fiver for postage, its probably not worth more than 99p anyway. The only coach with bogies intact is the Dublo 3-rail, which has been rewheeled for 2-rail. The only curiosity is the Triang rubber haystack!

25 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Seing as thatmentalguy doesn't want to be bothered boxing it up and sending the lot to a buyer, I think 20 quid to take away would be fair for that poorly presented scrapyard.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

You kept it on the back burner all these years just to share it with us!? We are not worthy! :D

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

The seller is: 'thatdentalguy'. Cross him and he'll have your teeth! :unsure:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

The seller is: 'thatdentalguy'. Cross him and he'll have your teeth! :unsure:

Or he'll be filling you in.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Not so many years ago the Blue Pullman coach might have made £30 on its own, perhaps the seller thought this and multiplied it by the total number of items....

How's this for brass-necked: "Offers over £300, not tested, no returns", which translates as, "I want the price expected for perfect items even if it all turns out to be non-functioning tat".

• Agree 6

10 hours ago, Northmoor said:

Not so many years ago the Blue Pullman coach might have made £30 on its own, perhaps the seller thought this and multiplied it by the total number of items....

How's this for brass-necked: "Offers over £300, not tested, no returns", which translates as, "I want the price expected for perfect items even if it all turns out to be non-functioning tat".

The very reason why we have this thread! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Maybe it was the detonation of a particularly spicy curry?

Sounds like the aftermath of a typical exhibition Saturday night gathering (remember them)!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

I'm a bit of a US "Virtual Railfan" addict but can't claim to be Dennis Expert on US diesels, that said, I'm pretty sure this is not a GP40...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254984683210?epid=28010896276&hash=item3b5e457eca:g:vH4AAOSw4~tgpPoF

Its the camouflage version for an armored train! 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1