EBay madness

Marcyg

On 02/07/2021 at 21:08, Darius43 said:

How much of Ratio’s production was undertaken in West Germany?

1222C50C-5A84-4462-9F26-A1E0C0EDB1C0.jpeg.aa2a96d0f61484dcd0076e6f9a9f5b25.jpeg

The “superstructure” beneath the damaged plastic base looks to be made of cardboard.

Cheers

Darius

I got Ratio from the listing itself.

About this item

Condition

Used. An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all item conditions

Seller notes

Very good

Quantity

1 available

Building Type

Depot

Brand

Ratio

Scale

N Gauge

Item number

Item ending

09 Jul, 2021, 09:11 BST

I don't particularly care if it was made in Uzbekistan, I think that you'll agree that it's bin fodder.

Misdescribed as well as garbage.

Edited by MrWolf
Clarity
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I got Ratio from the listing itself.

About this item

Condition

Used. An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all item conditions

Seller notes

Very good

Quantity

1 available

Building Type

Depot

Brand

Ratio

Scale

N Gauge

Item number

Item ending

09 Jul, 2021, 09:11 BST

I don't particularly care if it was made in Uzbekistan, I think that you'll agree that it's bin fodder.

Misdescribed as well as garbage.

I did notice “Ratio” in the item description, but it was clear to me that the seller’s descriptive powers were somewhat lacking and the “Made in W Germany” stamp in the photo was something of a clincher in that respect.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

I did notice “Ratio” in the item description, but it was clear to me that the seller’s descriptive powers were somewhat lacking and the “Made in W Germany” stamp in the photo was something of a clincher in that respect.

Cheers

Darius

HoRatio?

Mike.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Surely you know the words of the song - New York, New York, so good they named it twice ...

I suspect he does - hence the winking emoji.

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 4

EBay madness at the moment - nobody is bothering with last minute bidding* so bargains can be had!

There's a few 4-CEPs going for very reasonable prices ... just saying ... no skin off my nose if somebody else snaps them up for 'bargain prices'!

No, really, be my guest ...

Pleeeeease!!!!

:laugh_mini:

* Can't think why?

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 02/07/2021 at 21:08, Darius43 said:

How much of Ratio’s production was undertaken in West Germany?

1222C50C-5A84-4462-9F26-A1E0C0EDB1C0.jpeg.aa2a96d0f61484dcd0076e6f9a9f5b25.jpeg

The “superstructure” beneath the damaged plastic base looks to be made of cardboard.

Cheers

Darius

Apparently this is the underside of a Swiss cottage, I had to ask. It begs the question, why show a rubbish image if its that good would you not show that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

55 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Apparently this is the underside of a Swiss cottage, I had to ask. It begs the question, why show a rubbish image if its that good would you not show that?

Bet you it doesn't look like this

image.png.ef8d7c20aba49ef5561b7d1d4825fea2.png

Wikipedia

:whistle:

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Isn't Swiss Cottage an LT Underground Station....

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

45 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Isn't Swiss Cottage an LT Underground Station....

I refer the Honourable Member to the reply given previously.

Yep, its an Underground station as indicated in the photo above, the underground station is so named because its in an area of London named after an early 19th century coaching inn, built in the style of a Swiss Cottage. The current "Swiss Cottage" is illustrated in the photo above. The Wikipedia link below the photo gives more information, and is the source of the photo.

For more detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Cottage

:)

Edited by Hroth
Link
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

In theory, it may look a bit like this...If it is complete...
There is a similarity in general character. ;)

37C5B4B2-3182-4688-899E-D0B78C70743E.jpeg.e5d387f1b3d6c908ab95a47370fe4823.jpeg

Are the rocks on the roof to throw at belligerent drunks?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I refer the Honourable Member to the reply given previously.

Yep, its an Underground station as indicated in the photo above, the underground station is so named because its in an area of London named after an early 19th century coaching inn, built in the style of a Swiss Cottage. The current "Swiss Cottage" is illustrated in the photo above. The Wikipedia link below the photo gives more information, and is the source of the photo.

For more detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Cottage

:)

Actually I only spotted the LT sign when went back to look at the picture :rolleyes:

• Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, 21C1 said:

Swiss Cottage - one of Sam Smith's Pubs.  Had a decent pint last time I was in there.  No music, no TV and no singing!

The beers usually good in all of their establishments, but it's the other Draconian rules they have in place that puts people off.

Additionally, Sam Smith's prices have gone up to in the provinces due to the pandemic, but not anywhere near the pricing in some watering holes.

Mind you, paying £7 a pint in London these days is pretty much the norm !

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I wouldn't call £7 a pint normal, more a p**s-take. When one of our locals went up to £5 a pint, no one paid it and it became a building society in under 6 months. And people still wonder why pubs are closing....

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

I know I'm slow on the uptake, (no comments please!), but there are things on eBay I don't search for in the first place because they are crap and worthless to me, and I throw them away as surplus to requirements.

Somehow, following a link posted on this thread, I happened to come across things like Lima/Hornby/Oxford etc wheels and bogies, random bundles of things like tension lock type and NEM style couplings and mountings, contents of unfinished plastic/whitemetal/brass kits and lots of other amazing items, all of which I dispose of.

I know it's one mans meat etc, but it can't possibly worth the hassle of listing, posting and sorting out the items from the refuse bin?

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As you say, one man's etc...but look at Lego websites where they sell individual bricks at a couple of pence a time, but you sell enough of 'em and your making a living. ;)

• Agree 2

I recently sold three old Hornby and Airfix coach bodies and five old Hornby wagon chassis. They were destined for the bin at one point and I thought, why not put them on a free listing?

They made £12.

Which isn't much, but that meant that I had a week's worth of free petrol in my motorcycle, in exchange for something that I was going to throw away. 

Obviously, someone else was glad of them and it's a bit less landfill. 

On the other hand, I would have expected (and deserved) to be mocked mercilessly on here had I tried to sell them for a BIN price of £70 or suchlike!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2