EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

There is always a bit of caution in the back of my mind before posting links like my last. As though the item might just be incredibly special and scarce and sought after. And Backwoods Miniatures did some lovely kits and one day maybe I'll find their crane tank, but somehow a 009 crane is always going to be a 009 crane.

- Richard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

The Scotrail version may be relatively L@@K RARE!!! now, but the Hereford Model Centre "sold off" 3-car BR Green (with Speed Whiskers), BR Blue and BR Blue and Grey  livery 101s for relative peanuts, I bought quite a few for a "run-down Minories" layout. Dirty blue 101s and 25s with end of life Mk1 coaches make a ratty terminus look especially sleazy!

Just looked at order emails and I also bought a couple of Bachmann 108s , Blue and Grey livery, for the same amount of peanuts.!

They all went, the last 101 I bought was in May 2020...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

10 hours ago, 47137 said:

There is always a bit of caution in the back of my mind before posting links like my last. As though the item might just be incredibly special and scarce and sought after. And Backwoods Miniatures did some lovely kits and one day maybe I'll find their crane tank, but somehow a 009 crane is always going to be a 009 crane.

- Richard.

I've a feeling - and may be wrong - that you get two cranes in the kit.

The WD prototype came as a two-crane set.

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/09/2021 at 16:32, Michael Hodgson said:

I don't have a problem with their calling that new. 

They've newly made it from an unused product they got from their supplier.

I wouldn't pay the price they're asking, but that's because I think it probably looked better before they gave it their treatment.

I'm not keen on weathering locos.  Unless you weather everything else it's unconvincing, and I don't have the time or the skills for that.

Besides it's less expensive without the weathering.  And I will be most surprised if the Suttons Class 25 isn't significantly better anyway,

I really don't care much for "professional weathering" as all it is is loading an airbrush up with a brown paint and generally spraying the whole model with it, much like this case. There is no soot or rust, just a general "misting" of meh.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

I think they should list which DCC module they have fitted. I mean a £13 LAISDCC does not add to the value. Maybe if it was a LOC v5 with custom sounds, I would accept the valuation., but "DCC Fitted", doesn't really tell you very much.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

I think they should list which DCC module they have fitted. I mean a £13 LAISDCC does not add to the value. Maybe if it was a LOC v5 with custom sounds, I would accept the valuation., but "DCC Fitted", doesn't really tell you very much.

Yes I found the description vague, I mean I sure wouldnt pay that as I have that model myself and have fixed all the silly livery errors on it, although mine no longer has a motor as I shifted it on a few years ago now

NL

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Esmedune said:

I really don't care much for "professional weathering" as all it is is loading an airbrush up with a brown paint and generally spraying the whole model with it, much like this case. There is no soot or rust, just a general "misting" of meh.

I have seen "professionally weathered " locos with a gap in the weathering on the wheels where the coupling rods were as the loco was sprayed, so the "professional" clearly forgot to rotate the wheels for a second pass of the spray gun.  And people pay (good money) for this service.....

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Urrrghh...  Shouty block capitals, pretentious nonsense description and what the hell is "Pro-Serviced" when it is at home?

I see the same seller is also trying to flog Lledo and similar diecast at £25 a pop plus postage.  That stuff you would be lucky if you get enough for them to cover the Ebay fees in reality, worthless landfill most of it.

Edited by John M Upton
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The 158 Man said:

I assume even the plastic passengers want to get off - the 4th photo appears to show a cracked window? 

Slightly more realistic price for a probably better condition one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274823052878

Edited by Bucoops
fixed link
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, The 158 Man said:

Compared with that, this tender-drive 28xx must be a bargain.  Look, its even got fitted crew.  A pity that they weren't painted first...

Here's a little gem

IS FROM ONE OF THE BEST MOST LOOKED AFTER COLLECTIONS IVE SEEN, MY OWN.

Oh well....

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

I just noticed that "Pro Serviced" 142 has another problem, the drivers both ends are sitting in the middle, it ain't going anywhere until they budge over to their left to reach the controls....

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

So realistic it’s gone!

I searched for ones that had sold rather than ones that were priced for more than you could buy a real one for (although why they are proving so popular is beyond the scope of my pea brain) ;)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The 158 Man said:

He's even thought of a number and doubled it for postage too. Are all the scuffs "PRO-WEATHERING"?  What's with the white paint on the roof? I'd call the ambulance.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

... another one from the vendor who loves his prices.

But at least it's post free all the way from America, although there may be customs processing and additional charges.

• Like 1